seem's as good a place as any to say hello

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewnewb

Reaction score
gday all,
just thought i'd put a hello in here, new to the forums and such. pretty excited to be along. really been a great read here over the last few lurker months, so thought i would i best join in.

just asking for a bit of prod in the right direction on the forums, of if anyone has any experience in the question below... skip the next three paragraphs if you want to head to that.

a bit about me, really upset about two things, i'll never live to see residential fiber to my home in australia until im long dead in the ground. two, i have to pay enough to pay for that fiber to a contractor to get a stubbie of good/craft brew in melbourne's cbd.

im really passionate about beer, i could never be BCJP or anything but, im sure you know the rest.
i've sat in a few all grain mashes, and just revelled in the results taste and flavour v labour= how could i not be a home brewer?? anyway...
i am hoping to do my first all grain sometime next week. invested in a few mortgate payments into keg king got a stainless conical blah blah...
been reading through John Palmers' "How to brew" it's been in my hand since april.
have poured over byo mags
own a copy of beer smith

i'm thinking im a bout as ready as i will ever be, however i have a quetion i am hoping a more expereinced homebrewer might be able to comment on keeping yeast happy in wort

question is, re: fermentation chamber/fridges.
i got a temp controller from keg king, got a heat belt but no real home for the fermenter.
has anyone been successful in making one, from... angle grinding the freezer comparment away from a fridge freezerr to get their fermenter in?
or
should i be looking for a full length fridge?
the goal is to keep a stable lager / ale temp for fermentation.

Just about brew at ambient over winter here in Melbourne mate, but yeah, full length fridge is the way to go, any brew any time you want it.

Cheers

lol tell me about it Yob, i feel i have kinda missed my lager window though. still preping my gear, she'll be all go next week with a double back IPA so it will live inside till it's done.

Yob said:
Just about brew at ambient over winter here in Melbourne mate, but yeah, full length fridge is the way to go, any brew any time you want it.

Cheers
Yeah this time of year is good for ambient fermenting, but it doesn't last long. I have a full-size fridge-only (no freezer) with an external controller and heat cord which is fantastic. Although another freezer compartment might stop SWMBO whinging about me filling the other one up with hops. :p

Back