Zymurgy 2006, Where Is It?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinkas

Reaction score
Hi all,
In a fit of patriotic brewing zeal, late last year I signed up to the AHA, I got the subscribers package, with the magnets, and beginners book, but have not received the thing I was really wanting, the Zymurgy magazine yet, I see from other threads that this and BYO are genrally deliverd by donkey, but I thought I would have seen at least one issue by now...?

Case

BYO is normaly quite good.... coming into OZ on time.
Zymurgy is another matter, check old threads for peoples often complaints about how late they are.!
Good luck

Kong is spot on - I have a subscription and have received the ?Dec/Jan issue or there abouts a couple of months ago - the next one should be in Oz soon (I hope). On average - wait at least 9 weeks at the time of release before you expect to see it.

regards

MarkWS

The last one I received was Jan/Feb. 8-9 weeks is about the norm unfortunately. I've just signed up for a BYO subscription as the Zymurgy mag seems to be very light-on for actual brewing information.

Last one I got was Jan/Feb aswell
I thikn that I got it in early Jan, so that is over 3 months since I got that one. I joined in May last year, and the first issue didnt arrive to me until the start of Oct (from memory). I think that being delivered by donkey is probably an upgrade option from the tortoise mail they have it currently on. It'll get here, its just a matter of when! Hopefully sometime before the end of April you (and I) will have the March/April issue, but it will more than likely be sometime in May. Sorry if it isnt the reply ya wanna hear.
NRB - I think that Zymurgy has a fair bit of good reading in it, as does BYO, but as an AG brewer, I find that BYO seems to aim a little more towards extract brewers, and I will be renewing my sub with Zymurgy. I get to read a mates BYO anyway!
All the best
Trent

Good Day
Yes I am still waiting for the March/April Zymurgy, 64 days since issue but who's counting?

YAYY!!

Forgot to check the mailbox on Friday & what should be staring at me today when I look?

My first Zymurgy!! :beerbang:

It's the March/April 2006 edition. Lucky I became a member in Dec 2005 <_<

Hopefully yours isn't too far away.

Jez

Thanks for the heads up Jez
I was gonna write to Janis on monday and find out what the hell is going on, over 4 months between issues, when it comes out every 2 months. Granted, I got my Jan/Feb issue way earlier than expected, but 4 months is a bit bloody rich. Maybe mine will arrive sometime this week.
All the best
Trent
PS Is it a good one?

Haven't had a good read yet but it looks ok.

Main stories are about Wild Yeasts & an exerpt from "Wild Brews", a history of Fullers Brewery in the UK and their brews as well as an interview with the keyboard player of a band called "String Cheese Incident" :blink: who brews.

There's also a section on "Foiling Fermentation Flaws" and a reader letter warning that your dog can die from eating your fresh or spent hops (something I had no idea about).

Looks like my evening is already planned B)

Jez

Hopefully I get mine tomorrow. Interestingly, I signed up for BYO on 8 April and received my first copy less than 4 weeks later.

yep, BYO is very prompt.

I got a Xmas pressie subscription & have received 4 issues I think so far.

Jez

Good day
Got my March/April edition on Friday too, so it has certainly reached all parts of Panania.

Mine arrived today - nicely damaged I might add.

Lads,

Spoke to the guys at the G&G yesterday. I threw the thought to them that maybe there was an opportunity to receive Zymurgy via G&G. Most likely this would also mean an additional cost for postage from G&G to ourselves.

G&G indicated that they will investigate the option and get back to me..

In my books (pardon the pun!) I would be happy to shell out a few more dollars to receive it a 6 weeks earlier that what is currently the norm.

TBC....

MarKWS

Back