Beer Magazine Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I subscribe to a few beer magazines & thought I would start this thread for the discussion of, as well as to advise when latest issues are received.

I didnt realise until just before renewing my AHA membership, that I had missed the last 2 issues of Zymurgy.....

Brew Matt

Hi All,

I subscribe to a few beer magazines & thought I would start this thread for the discussion of, as well as to advise when latest issues are received.

I didnt realise until just before renewing my AHA membership, that I had missed the last 2 issues of Zymurgy.....

Brew Matt

Can I also be the first to reply to this thread (hopefully not the first sign of insanity), and ask if anyone has happened to read a copy of the magazine "Beer Connoisseur", which looks to be an up market mag that also pairs with food. I am told, similar in format to 'Wine Estate'.

Cheers
Matt

Just received latest edition of 'All About Beer' magazine in the mail. May 2011 Issue.

AAB_32_2_finalcover_SM.jpg

Features (per front cover):
Sour Beer: Ancient Flavors are New Again (by Julie Johnson)
Is sour the new bitter? A few adventurous brewers are abandoning the search for ever-hoppier brews in flavor of another source of complexity.

CAMRA Turns 40 (by Roger Protz)

What started in 1971 as a four-man protest at the declining state of English ale is now routinely hailed as one of the most effective grassroots movements of the past four decades.

Beer Snacks (by Lew Bryson)

Salty, crunchy, greasy, spicy, vinegary-in their effort to keep us ordering pints of beer, bartenders have tempted our taste buds with every variety of snack.

Cheers
Matt.

Can I also be the first to reply to this thread (hopefully not the first sign of insanity), and ask if anyone has happened to read a copy of the magazine "Beer Connoisseur", which looks to be an up market mag that also pairs with food. I am told, similar in format to 'Wine Estate'.

Cheers
Matt

no but would be interested... where have you seen this? Online? Newsagent?

Cheers
Matt

no but would be interested... where have you seen this? Online? Newsagent?

It is not available at Australian newsagents - http://www.beerconnoisseur.com/

Cheers
Matt

was given a subscription for BYO at xmas from the sister-in-law. onto my second mag now and very happy.

daniel

was given a subscription for BYO at xmas from the sister-in-law. onto my second mag now and very happy.

daniel

I dont subscribe to this, but enjoy reading it when I find a copy at the newsagent.

I dont subscribe to this, but enjoy reading it when I find a copy at the newsagent.

No better time than now with the strong aussie dollar. Just got my first but worth every cent.

Recipes & tips from Scandinavia's craft beer revolution, Brew like a Viking, Build a Portable Draft System, Using Regional Malts, Comparing Sparging Methods, Comparing Brewing Software, Gose, Alpha Isomerization, American Stout and more. :icon_chickcheers:

I've been a BYO subscriber for about 3 or 4 years. It's OK but I think they tend to recycle topics. Inevitable I suppose as there's only so much you can say about craftbrewing. The ads are some of the best bits and the Wizard sometimes has some useful insights. The Aust mag, Beer and Brewer (I also subscribe) is suffering the same problem (not much left to say) but even more so given that the Australian market is so small. Still you have to spent your money on something.

Back