Your best excuse for not going AG

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like it's going to be a productive thread...

... heads off for pop corn and beer..

Space is probably the biggest reason for folks, but with the advent of Grainfathers and single vessel units easy enough to build.. its not a great excuse..

Time is the other, but again, timers can greatly decrease the requirement on a brewday day so again, not a great excuse.

complacency is probably the only one that doesnt have a good work around and Im tipping that there will be many with a ticket on that cruise

For me it's a disability where I physically can't stand for long periods of time. I have brewed AG but have gone back to kits and bits, easier, quicker and far less physically demanding.

You do it because you can. But if you don't get bored of that can brew/extracts results then all good.
I simple cant get the same results of my best beers using extract. Its always higher final gravity.
Try getting FG as low as 1.002 5%abv with extract malt without using sugar. No way I'd reckon.
Not without using some freaky chemical additive.
$0.02

Space provided for brewing by family.

What sort of beer do you want to get to 1.002? That's practically water..

Ypu can get extract that low easily, dry enzyme or champagne yeast.

MartinOC said:
Fear of the unknown? ...until you do it. Rather like nude skydiving, really.... :ph34r:
I think you better check out the funny video section at the bottom of the forum ...LOL

Matt Browne said:
For me it's a disability where I physically can't stand for long periods of time.
Drunkenness is a side effect, not an excuse.

When I first read about doing All Grain, I became a bit apprehensive at first because you have to be naked to do it.

I'm cool with it now.

eMPTy said:
Space provided for brewing by family.
Get a smaller family.

All that fluffy stuff like the wife and kids....meh...build yourself an AG rig an man up. ...and show your kids how brewing is really done.

Cost of equipment for ease of use. Saving for the Grainfather.

Latest posts

Back