You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your away working and you know your wife and two kids are at home with the flu. Being the good husband and dad you call up too see if they are ok, you listen patiently to the moaning and then just happen to throw in the question" so did a parcel from craftbrewer turn up this week?" Apparently I am obsessed prick................

with a new mini mill :icon_cheers:

When you plan a whole day of travelling to the big smoke with itinerary for about 10 pickups of home brew related goods and parts, , with help from some complete strangers. :beerbang:

you wake up early, and start kegging at 5am.

Tasted half a schooner of my recent BIPA at around 5.30am this morning - lovely.

When you go to a famous wine region... and only visit the breweries :)

When you're in a food place near their freezer working out the temp difference on their temp controller while eating your lunch and how inefficient it is.

..you are in Hospital on your back ready to go in for Surgery and you start eyeing off the o2 bottles and regulators and consider what sockets would be required to re-purpose them for your new keezer project.

You are flicking through the radio stations and hear some hip-hoppers rapping about 'OG's' and you wonder when Snoop and Dre got into brewing.

When you travel home for just one day off and filter a brew before heading off to work again.
Goes down so well. :(

When your freezer looks like this

download1.jpg

You have a 'slush fund' tucked away from the missus for those 'need to have' brewing accessories

Your missus wants to throw away an old baby bath and you say I can use it for cleaning bottles in (you already do but you dont tell her that)

finds you on the laptop watching another episode of Northern Brewer TV and says - "you need to get a Hobby!"

You have a 'slush fund' tucked away from the missus for those 'need to have' brewing accessories

When she asks how much money you wasted on that new brewing accessory and your reply is.. "Honey, I swapped it with a guy who wanted (Insert product or service you can provide at work) so it didnt cost me anything."

Just about every expensive purchase in my brewery was paid for by swapping services I provide at work.. ;) (As far as the missus knows)

Just about every expensive purchase in my brewery was paid for by swapping services I provide at work.. ;) (As far as the missus knows)

Just hope that she doesn't start "swapping services" for stuff she wants. Though you can send her my way if she does ever want something :p

Latest posts

Back