Yeast not dropping out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobbly74

Reaction score
So ironically, the neipa I brewed recently ended up crystal clear but the pacific ale I just did over Xmas refuses to lose the haze. It was 2.5kg gf light lager, 1.5kg bests wheat and some RB for slight colour alteration. Fermented with us05 and cold crashed for a week at 2.5c. Was like soup transferring into the serving keg and hasn't started to clear in the past week. Whirlfloc at 10 mins but not other finings. All galaxy, 50g in whirlpool 50g in fermenting keg (hot) and 100g dry hop after day 3. It's definitely yeast as you can see it lace the bottom of the glass once you've finished a pint of this fruit juice.

Any ideas?

5CXKT8.jpg

Is that the first glass out of the keg? If so it may have picked up sediment/yeast settling out at the bottom. Could be interesting to degas the keg and have a look in with a torch as to clarity. If you do don’t forget to purge.

Are you sure it's yeast? Was that "bests wheat" actually plain wheat or wheat malt?
I've been served wheat beers in pubs that looked like that.

Poured a few pints now, all just as murky. The residue looks like a lacing of yeast, but I guess I can't be 100%. Yes, best malz wheat malt. I used 1kg of the same stuff in a summer saison brewed a couple of days before and it's a bit cloudy, but nowhere near as intense.

I've got some biofine clear - I might try popping the keg to throw a cupful in and give it a swirl...

At 30% wheat and 100g dry hop I would think your glass of beer looks about right

Latest posts

Back