Xxxx Summer Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiefbacon

Reaction score
Hi i was hoping someone could help me out with a recipe for a XXXX summer clone thanks in advance if anyone can help
cheers

Really the only way you can make a good copy is with a grain-based recipe - kits and extract just won't cut it because they will introduce too many "fruity" or "extract" flavours . XXXX summer is not unlike Corona etc and is a very clean beer with nothing to hide behind if you don't get it spot on.

I'd try:

3.5 kg Barrett Burston Pale Pilsnener mashed at 64 degrees
20g Pride of Ringwood pellets boiled for 60 mins

600g dextrose in the fermenter
Wyeast Danish Lager yeast, fermented at 14 degrees
Lager for two weeks, using Polyclar to stop any chill haze.

Carbonate well and drink at freezing point
:icon_cheers:

I have never tried it but if its like xxxx then they use cluster as a aroma hop dont they? not sure if its bittered with cluster out POR though. Other then that the recipe bribie said will impress pretty much any mega swill drinker. It will be a very thin beer with the dex Id leave it out but to the style it is prob about right :p

No hop flavour, low bitterness. thin and highly carbonated. You'll need the dextrose. Bribie's recipe would be a good start. Coopers Mexican Cerveza + 1kg dex for K&K.

cheers bribieg ill give that recipe a go ive just started ag so we will see how it turns out would i get a similar result if i used bb ale malt instead?

BB ale works ok in a lagerish style beer but may be just a tad darker. I've been using it for most brews that I used to use Galaxy for, seems to be ok.

No hop flavour, low bitterness. thin and highly carbonated. You'll need the dextrose. Bribie's recipe would be a good start. Coopers Mexican Cerveza + 1kg dex for K&K.

Yeh, agreed but go easy with the POR Id almost halve it to cut back even farther on bitterness given POR at 10%AA +.
Daz

Latest posts

Back