Xmas Pressy Dilema

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zabond

Reaction score
Hi all, my dilema is one of my ofspring gave me 1 can TOOHEYS special draught,1kg COOPERS bh2,500grm goldensyrup,2x15grm Goldings finnishing hop tea bags & 1pkt english ale yeast for xmas[ as she knows I like Irish type beer], this is what a local hbs sugested,after research here I cant find a good word for Tooheys products,so is it worth making up this brew hoping it comes out ok or sub the Tooheys for a Coopers and hope that she doesnt find out,if I do sub and she likes it I run the risk of getting more Tooheys for my b/day,if I use the Tooheys are there any extras that can be added,this will be my third brew,last one was coopers dark ale-1kg dry light malt-500grm dry dark malt english ale yeast came out pretty good :D [keg now empty :( ]
Russ

I wouldn't be too worried about the Tooheys can (i personally wouldn't buy one, but it won't kill you). Plus you seem to have enough bits there to turn it into a reasonable brew.

Throw it all together and see what happens.

Cheers

SJ

I wouldn't be too worried about the Tooheys can (i personally wouldn't buy one, but it won't kill you). Plus you seem to have enough bits there to turn it into a reasonable brew.

Throw it all together and see what happens.

Cheers

SJ

+1

I've used heaps of both Tooheys and Coopers kits in the past and had the usual mixed results. The are as good as each other imo. Its the same as the Holden v Ford argument. Doesn't matter ..

Havnt used the tooheys draught or hop tea bags but would try throwing the be2 into a pot of 5litres cold water a bring to a boil,
then throw in 1 opened tea bag for ten minutes,
then put in the syrup and put the lid on and take off the heat.
Empty the goo into the sanitized fermenter along with the second tea hop bag and strain your hot liquid into it. When temp is 20 degree pitch yeast.

If possible add 250g of steeped carared with the original 5litres and make your boil for 20 min.

Cheers Brad

just be thankful it wasn't a Brigalow :eek:

to give Brigalow some praise, my first brew was a Brigalow Bitter and it was as clear as water. It tasted like cat piss, but it was incredibly clear. However it had a strong taste of cider, no bubbles and majority of it had to be tipped out or I'd sink a couple of quick ones when I was home from the pub and already absolutely hammered!

brigalowbitter1week2ix9.jpg

to give Brigalow some praise, my first brew was a Brigalow Bitter and it was as clear as water. It tasted like cat piss, but it was incredibly clear. However it had a strong taste of cider, no bubbles and majority of it had to be tipped out or I'd sink a couple of quick ones when I was home from the pub and already absolutely hammered!

brigalowbitter1week2ix9.jpg
Is it just me, or is the praise here actually in hiding...:D

Back