Xmas Ahb Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All sounds good Stu. Drop by 4th. Collect by 11th. Shouldn't be a problem finding your place. I left a trail of breadcrumbs last time I was there.

Steve

SteveSA said:
All sounds good Stu. Drop by 4th. Collect by 11th.
And, anything uncollected by the 18th becomes the property of wee stu :D ;) :blink:

I'm at Golden Grove, and drive past Stu's place every day to / from work, so if anyone out north wants to drop off at my place that's fine by me.

Mines all bottled - but not tasted yet - after my last brew my 100% involvement is dependant on tasting :angry:

I'll either get mine to boots or stu by the looks, then let you guys work out the rest of the logistics on getting them all together and cased.

I have two beers 'Mcfarts 'balls shaven' wee heavy' and Vonfartenburgerbrau's Oktoberfest.

Jayse

Just in case anyone has been trying to PM me for details of addy etc - the blockage is now cleared!!

Boots said:
Mines all bottled - but not tasted yet - after my last brew my 100% involvement is dependant on tasting :angry:
To quote GL - and hijacking the sandgroper's thread in so doing:
"Section 3, sub paragraph b of the original Christmas case rules reads"Once you're in, theres no backing down".
So lets stick to the same numbers, there will be a case for you to collect. Up to you, but if I were you I'd contribute the beer to the case anyway. How can you be sure its shithouse tasting it on your own? You might be a very harsh critic.
Or, if it is really shithouse, just add a warning to your label, and you have the opportunity to get 13 different opinions on what the problem may be and what you could do to improve it.
Plebs like me will just drink it and enjoy it. Others like Jayse, who has a pretty good knowledge, can probably identify the dodgy flavours and give some helpful advice.
OK?"

If it is easier for people up North to get theirs to Boots (rather than say GMK) first, thats fine - he can drop them round to me when ready and help me make up the final cases :) , taking the northerners carton back with him.

wee stu said:
Plebs like me will just drink it and enjoy it. Others like Jayse, who has a pretty good knowledge, can probably identify the dodgy flavours and give some helpful advice.
Thanx for the high regard there Stu but really iam also just a pleb that'll drink anything :chug: :chug: :chug:
we'll almost :eek:

Jayse

Sounds excellent guys....

Drop off points are Boots - wee stus - GMk - TDA place.
If you can drop off by the 11 Dec04...
Then we can work out everything on 12Dec04.

Is that a good date for you guys - we could converge at Wee Stu's as that is central - i can pick Boots up/cartons up on the way....

How does that sound....

GMK said:
Drop off points are Boots - wee stus - GMk - TDA place.
If you can drop off by the 11 Dec04...
Then we can work out everything on 12Dec04.

Is that a good date for you guys - we could converge at Wee Stu's as that is central - i can pick Boots up/cartons up on the way....

How does that sound....
you have a problem with drop of by 4th, collect by 11th Kenny?
what about drop off week of the 4th, collect week of 11th?

the thought of up to 14 brewers converging :eek: on wee stu's on the 12th - a quiet Monday night - is a bit daunting, to swmbo if not to wee stu :ph34r: -

Ill drop mine off to gmk friday 3rd (evening) or sunday 5th (evening). Is that ok ken? Then pick up from you sometime after that.

Poodz too easy...

WEE STU - 12 DEc on my calender is a sunday.....

Is this now OK for you...
How many beers you had Wee stu - thi sis no 5 for me...
need i say no more...

GMK said:
WEE STU - 12 DEc on my calender is a sunday.....
Well :blink: , in 2005 it's a Sunday :eek: :blink: :huh: :unsure:

It does put a somewhat different complexion on things.
Can people let me know how many would be likely to come on the Sunday to sort through and pick up the beer on the day? And. no doubt, share a brew or two in the process??
Numbers please?

Who is going to act as postal co-ordinator? Somebody with easy access to the post office and a trolley? I need to know where to post to.

Bottled and almost ready to go. Just waiting for the graphics department to get theiir act together.

im droping mine of at gmk as i aint oof ar from him and jayse i can grab yours and droip em of when i drop a beer for the mini flocs

pint of lager said:
Who is going to act as postal co-ordinator? Somebody with easy access to the post office and a trolley? I need to know where to post to.
Being vehicularly challenged, I reckon I'll dob GMK in for this one :D

Just send it to GMK Enterprises trading as BrewInn Barossa - sure to find him ;)

Jazman said:
im droping mine of at gmk as i aint oof ar from him and jayse i can grab yours and droip em of when i drop a beer for the mini flocs
Just put that through babble fish Jazman and this is what it came up with.
"I'am droping mine of at GMK's because I'am not far from him, Jayse I can grab yours when I drop a beer off for the mini flocs" B)

Iam cool with that, someone better take them before i drink them. :chug: :chug: :chug:

Jayse :blink:

Just in the middle of bottling the Belgian Golden Strong Ale - the other 1/2 to my Xmas Case.

Very Tasty - still a bit cloudy - been in the CC for the last 4 odd weeks.
Lokks a lot like Duvel - taste pretty similar too - except mine is around 6 % - duvel is 8.5%...

Very happy with it.

Will be great to do a comparison with Wee Stu Xmas Case entry to see the difference between the 1728 Scotish Ale Yeast that he used - compared to the 1762 Belgian Abbey II yeast i used.

The Devil in a Kilt - wee stu's McBelgian strong golden ale, got bottled last night.
It is all of 8.5% abv so, if nothing else, it will put hair on your chests :D

6% GMK, sounds like a second runnings beer to me ;)

Bottled mine friday evening. I can remember why i stopped brewing a few years ago now, cleaning bottles and all that... anyway hope it turns out alright i kegged the rest and will try later this week. Ill drop of the bottles to gmk on the weekend.

Latest posts

Back