• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Melb (SE) - CO2 Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuz

Reaction score
After setting up the Sodastream bottle and messing around with the reg adapter (wasted quite a bit of gas :mad:) I'm after a "proper" CO2 cylinder - if anyone has unwanted / unused cylinders (could be empty) I'd be happy consider a 2.6kg unit (or larger) on a budget.
Please let me know in the near future.
Cheers!

After setting up the Sodastream bottle and messing around with the reg adapter (wasted quite a bit of gas :mad:) I'm after a "proper" CO2 cylinder - if anyone has unwanted / unused cylinders (could be empty) I'd be happy consider a 2.6kg unit (or larger) on a budget.
Please let me know in the near future.
Cheers!
I know somebody who has a BOC vt size cylinder that has been abandoned by the supplier. They have stopped charging rent on it, and they have ignored repeated requests to collect it. I just do not know if there are "hacks" out there to get past filling a proprietary cylinder.
Even the scrap metal people won't take it complete.

yeah those adapters will cost you more than a few bottles so proper one is the way to go.
keep your eyes to the ebay and gumtree thread always a go there if you dont have much luck.

Thanks for replies.. I'm on budget so might get by with dry ice refills of the Sodastream bottle or a used cylinder.

You can buy a new full one for $150 from ebay - It sounds like a lot now, but you can always swap it so they stay in good nick, and then you can resell it again when you're done for pretty much the same amount.

More cost up front, but much cheaper in the long run than sodastream. just food for thought...

Back