• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb - Burner For Biab

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
G'day

I am looking for a burner that will be able to boil 25L batches with relative ease and maybe do a double batch down the track.

If any one has one lying around for a reasobable price let me know.

The side burner of my BBQ isn't quite cutting it. It took 1hr to get my first ag from 66 to 100...and it hardly even boiled.

Cheers,

Jesse

I'm an urn man myself but when I was researching it a couple of years ago I know you can get cheap burners from Asian Supermarkets in your nearest Chinatown.. no doubt other members can advise.

Ok if you go to Rocklea or Chandler Markets on a sunday there is a good chance of finding 3 or 4 ring burner with reg sub $20 in good nick. Otherwise both markets have a regular dudes that sell camping stuff cheap they always have burners I noticed.

Good luck

Chap Chap

Ok if you go to Rocklea or Chandler Markets on a sunday there is a good chance of finding 3 or 4 ring burner with reg sub $20 in good nick. Otherwise both markets have a regular dudes that sell camping stuff cheap they always have burners I noticed.

Good luck

Chap Chap
Is a higher pressure than standard reg necessary for something like that?

Is a higher pressure than standard reg necessary for something like that?

Nope normal BBQ reg will suffice, but add a medium pressure adjustable reg, and you have a new power house.

My modified 3 ring with med pressure adj reg will get 29L water from tap to 69c in 15mins

QldKev

I still don't think you can beat the old NASA burner with a medium pressure reg.
Beer belly had them for $49 with a stand but I notice they are now out of stock.
Have used mine for anything from 25ltr batches up to 80.

I still don't think you can beat the old NASA burner with a medium pressure reg.
Beer belly had them for $49 with a stand but I notice they are now out of stock.

Yep, agree a nasa will do it very well. But I don't think you will get a second hand one. But as Thunus said, $49 new is a pretty good deal, then you just need a hose and adj reg; so about the best bargain on the market. I tried a Mongolian (designed for low pressure, but currently running a medium pressure adj) and would have now preferred a nasa.

Did I mention Thunus is old?

QldKev

I was hopping QldKev & you (Thunnus)would reply to this post because between you two guys I know in regards to burners you have experimented and dicked around with their efficiencies ect:, Jesse have a talk to these guys about burners.

Thunus is old!

Rambo Burner ...Got mine at Barbeques Galore locally, but I think the sponsors still carry them?

All well and good but Emma Chisit?

Not cheap ...maybe worth the money saved on extra stainless vessels, mash tun, ball valves, march pumps etc if Jesse sticks with BIAB? ...not wasted if he eventually moves to Traditional Ag anyway.

Remember, Jesse's looking for a burner to do standard batches with ease AND maybe handle double batches down the track. I'd be looking at something with a bit more grunt than a Lpg camping burner? ;)

Thanks guys,

I might check out chandler markets for a cheap 3 or 4 ring

And in the mean time I will just save my fun tokens for a nasa burner.

I have seen the rambo burner. I looks great but it seems a on the costly side. Will these work for a double batch. I also like the idea of having a wok stand. ( i lke thai food)

Cheers,

Jesse

Latest posts

Back