• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: 100 Can Cooler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QIK86

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

I'm chasing a 100 can cooler if anyone has one they no longer need. I will pay for it of course, along with any postage costs.

I can't find one anywhere locally, so hopefully a fellow member can help out. The QLD summer is coming up fast. Help my brews survive it!

Many thanks!

K-Mart used to carry them for $25-$30. Anaconda have them for about $45, though I was lucky to get one on special for $25. I don't know if there is an Anaconda near you, though you can use their Shop At Home service.

:icon_cheers:
EK

join anaconda's club too gets ya a discount ....

I just picked up 2 large-ish can coolers from Bunnings - $15 ea. Only downside is, they don't have lids. I actually already had a K-mart 50-can cooler, which has a slightly smaller diameter and is not as tall. I just took one of the Bunnings ones and turned it upside down and slid it over the K-mart one (with fermenter inside obviously).

I just picked up 2 large-ish can coolers from Bunnings - $15 ea. Only downside is, they don't have lids. I actually already had a K-mart 50-can cooler, which has a slightly smaller diameter and is not as tall. I just took one of the Bunnings ones and turned it upside down and slid it over the K-mart one (with fermenter inside obviously).

So does the fermenter fit in with the tap attached? And the whole height including airlock?
Sounds tempting. My cardbaord box is disintergrating.

Inside the kmart one you mean?

The Kmart one comes up about 2/3rds of the way, then the Bunnings one on top easily covers the rest with room for the airlock. The Bunnings one on it's own fits almost the whole height of the fermenter, but the airlock would need to protrude through whatever type of lid you made for it (or you could probably manage to slip another Bunnings one on it upside down with plenty of room for airlock). There is plenty of room for the tap and any bottles of ice you wanted to put in there etc.

Sorry for the crappy picture, was taken with my phone - my camera is at work. This pic is of the Bunnings cooler, I'll try and get some better pics tomorrow, including the Kmart cooler.

PIC_0016.jpg

I just bought 2 yesterday too and the silly checkout chick only charged me for 1 :D

Anyone seen any of these for sale in the Sydney area recently? I would like to grab 2 for this summer of brewing/

try anaconda in auburn bubba thats where i got mine when i lived in sydney

Anyone seen any of these for sale in the Sydney area recently? I would like to grab 2 for this summer of brewing/

Guys, save your money and buy a brewing fridge and temp controller.

from ebay fridge you can pick up for 50-100 bucks and temp controller from site sponsers for 60. I went close last year to buy a cooler but saw the logic and consistancy of the fridge all year round :D have not looked back!

Best Largers I have ever had!

Cheers
Andrew

Super Cheap have them in their catalogue at the moment.
They sell them as flushing boat engines.
$30 odd bucks I think.

Guys, save your money and buy a brewing fridge and temp controller.

from ebay fridge you can pick up for 50-100 bucks and temp controller from site sponsers for 60. I went close last year to buy a cooler but saw the logic and consistancy of the fridge all year round :D have not looked back!

Best Largers I have ever had!

Cheers
Andrew

I live in a unit, so unfortunately another fridge is out of the question for me :(

Hello,

Was just at Bunnings the other day and in the esky area they had the zip-up insulated coolers(collapsible) they will hold a fermenter for $33 dollars, the brand was SMASH.

I dont think those ones at Supercheap are insulated are they? Just for cleaning props.

Ok, I just spoke to Smash Enterprises and they advised me that the only one they are selling & distributing at the moment is the collapsible party bucket with no lid measuring approx 60cm high with 40 diameter. Available only @ Bunnings.

Looks like I'm going to have to do an emergency run to Bunnings in my luchbreak.

I think that's the one in the pic that I got - it's about those dimentions and has no lid. I got mine on sale for $15, but to be honest, it's not the best. The Kmart one was $40 and has better insulation, however is not quite tall enough. So I just slide the bunnings one over it as a lid and it's been working a treat. Currently brewing a lager and fermenter temps have remained a fairly constant 9-14C in my garage with an ambient temp of around 20-25C. I'm just swapping the frozen bottles over each morning and night - and they've usually still got ice in them when I do.

But I agree with andrewg1978 - a brew fridge or converted freezer would be a lot less trouble and more consistent. And could be used for other purposes when not brewing lagers (kegs, cold storage, CC'ing, etc). I'll be picking up the next cheap chest freezer and ditching my cooler bag setup.

Latest posts

Back