• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Rhizomes FS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mardoo

Noob What Craps On A Bit
Reaction score
I have for sale: rhizomes of Mount Hood, Hersbrucker, Fuggles and a small amount of EKG. All my Chinook, Victoria and Cascade went to one buyer who was quite happy with them.

$12 each, $30 for 3, mix and match is fine. Crowns and mini-crowns priced individually. Postage is separate, and I'm happy to do pickup any day in Ferntree Gully or Fri/Sun/Mon in Richmond for Melbourne folks. Of course I can't send to Tasmania and WA (state laws). Crowns and mini crowns for pickup only in Ferntree Gully or Richmond, Melbourne. I would ship them but the cost will be prohibitive and, in my view, not worth it to you. I will PM you bank details when we've reached an agreement. If you have questions about growing hops I'm happy to answer them. Most of your questions will be answered by this AHB article.

Each lot has one solid rhizome that I have 100% confidence in. Then there are always smaller bits of rhizome when you pull hops. The ones I have 80-90% confidence in I am including as extras. I've always planted 2 rhizomes per hole and these lots will fulfill that in my opinion. I've been screwed buying hop rhizomes before and these lots are all ones I would be happy to get. (I will say, however, that every hop rhizome I've bought from AHB members has been solid.) I'll be posting exact details and photos of the lots over the next day or so.

PM me with what you want. I'm happy with all the lots and can say all the lots are good, in my opinion. I will try to get you the exact lot you want, but it's first in, best dressed so send second and third choices if you are determined to get particular lots.

Edit: Added bits about crown pricing, mix and match, growing hops and purchases from AHB members.

Hersbrucker (see the first post in the thread for pricing and shipping details)

Hersbrucker crown, $35:

Hersbrucker Crown.jpg

Hersbrucker lots:

Lot 3:

Hersbrucker 3.jpg

Lot 4:

Hersbrucker 4.jpg

Lot 5:

Hersbrucker 5.jpg

Lot 6:

Hersbrucker 6.jpg

Lot 7:

Hersbrucker 7.jpg

Lot 8:

Hersbrucker 8.jpg

Hi mate, can you put me down for an EKG + postage to Geelong? For some reason I cant PM from the work computer, but will send you message you with the details and arrange payment etc this evening from home.

Al

Mardoo's rhizomes are high quality. The Cascade, Chinook and Victoria crowns and rhizomes looked very healthy and happy. :)

Will do Albanian.

I think that leaves me at 3 more lots of EKG for those of you interested. I'll have to double check. Among my most vigourous plants, but not a lot going on underground. The differing underground morphology of the hops has been pretty interesting, for a geek like me.

And thanks Belgrave Brewer. I'm very glad you were happy with them. You're going to have hops coming out your ears :)

Howdy, just an update and I've added photos of the EKG, Mount Hood and Fuggles lots left. I've decided to price all crowns at $25 because I'd rather see them planted than go wanting. They're all very strong. A lot of the rhizomes have sold before I had a chance to post them. Again, I don't really think it's value-for-money for me to post the crowns, but if you want one shipped PM me and we can see what we can come up with shipping-wise. Otherwise pickup is in Richmond or Ferntree Gully in Melbourne.

Hersbrucker: Crown is gone, Lot 8 is the only one remaining (see first post for photo)
EKG: All are gone except the crown. See photos below.
Mount Hood: Fair bit remaining
Fuggles: Fair bit remaining

EKG Crown:
All that's left of the EKG is the crown for $25. Here is an overview of it and two detail shots of the main node areas. About 50 nodes overall, probably more. You could easily part it out into two if you wanted.

Crown Overview:

EKG Crown 1 sml.jpg

Node Area 1:

EKG Crown 2.JPG

Node Area 2:

EKG Crown 3.JPG

Mount Hood Crowns and Rhizomes:

Two crowns at $25 each. Overview shots of each and details of the node areas. Again probably more than 50 nodes. I get tired of counting little pink nubbins ;)

Crown 1:

C1 Overview:

Mt Hood Crown 1-1.jpg

C1 Node area 1:

Mt Hood Crown 1-2.jpg

C1 Node area 2:

Mt Hood Crown 1-3.jpg

Crown 2:

C2 Overview:

Mt Hood Crown 2-1.jpg

C2 Node Area 1:

Mt Hood Crown 2-2.jpg

C2 Node Area 2:

Mt Hood Crown 2-3.jpg

Mount Hood Lots

Mount Hood Lot 4:

Mt Hood Lot 4.jpg

Mount Hood Lot 5:

Mt Hood Lot 5.jpg

Mount Hood Lot 7:

Mt Hood Lot 7.jpg

Mount Hood Lot 8:

Mt Hood Lot 8.jpg

Mount Hood Lot 10:

Mt Hood Lot 10.jpg

Mount Hood Lot 11:

Mt Hood Lot 11.jpg

Mount Hood Lot 13:

Mt Hood Lot 13.jpg

I'll happily take the EKG crown, but save me at least 1 Fuggle 'zome if it please you, sirrah!

Aaaaaand finally, The Fuggles!

No crown on the the Fuggles but the rhizomes are nice and fat. The fresh Fuggles smell like angel sighs! It's lovely in light ales, but it needs full sun all day to produce well.

Fuggles Lot 3:

Fuggles Lot 3.jpg

Fuggles Lot 5:

Fuggles Lot 5.jpg

Fuggles Lot 6:

Fuggles Lot 6.jpg

Fuggles Lot 7:

Fuggles Lot 7.jpg

Fuggles Lot 8:

Fuggles Lot 8.jpg

Fuggles Lot 9:

Fuggles Lot 9.jpg

Fuggles Lot 10:

Fuggles Lot 10.jpg

Fuggles Lot 11:

Fuggles Lot 11.jpg

Fuggles Lot 12:

Fuggles Lot 12.jpg

Okay, where the hell can I plant another hop plant, and can I defeat the evil missus plan to cover up the one free spot (full sun, no obstructions) with her quote "vege garden".

Stock Update:

I have some lots of the Mount Hood rhizomes and crowns and the Fuggles rhizomes still for sale. See posts 8 and 11 for rhizome and crown photos. Hersbrucker, EKG, Cascade, Chinook and Victoria are completely sold out.

If you aren't familiar with Mount Hood it's an awesome hop. Here in the Southern Hemispere it comes up a bit fruity with evident spice and some floral elements. It's definitely been one of my favorites, and has been a solid producer for me. Goes great in a 15% rye pale ale!

PM me if you'd like to get some rhizomes or a crown. Rhizomes $12/each, or 3 or more for $10 each. I have 2 Mount Hood Crowns at $25 each.

Hey folks, I have a few lots of hop rhizomes left. They're $12 each or 3 for $30. Any after 3 are $10 each. PM me if you're interested. Pickup available in Richmond or Ferntree Gully, Melbourne. Happy to Post of course. Here are the lots I have left. I'll re-post the photos so you don't have to dig around in the thread:

FUGGLES:

Lot 9

Fuggles Lot 9.jpg

Lot 10

Fuggles Lot 10.jpg

Lot 12

Fuggles Lot 12.jpg

MOUNT HOOD:

Lot 5

Mt Hood Lot 5.jpg

Lot 6

Mt Hood Lot 6.jpg

Lot 9

Mt Hood Lot 9.jpg

Lot 11

Mt Hood Lot 11.jpg

Lot 13

Mt Hood Lot 13.jpg

Attachments

• Fuggles Lot 11.jpg
    Fuggles Lot 11.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 45
Oops, ignore the extra rhizome shown at the bottom. That's an artifact from my editing that I can't seem to get rid of. That one's already been sold.

Latest posts

Back