Wort Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domfergo

Reaction score
Gday all

Just wandering threw aldi when a small garden pump they have on sale caught my eye. Was wondering if it would be any good for an ag setup.

The box read that it had a SS pump housing, max pressure was 4.5 bar (i think). From what i could determine it is meant to just pump water around a small garden irrigation setup.

The price..... $129, has an overload switch and 2 years warrenty

The photos are really bad, thats what you get for mixing a camera with a phone!!!! <_<

Cheers

Image025.jpg

Image026.jpg

not sure, was going to have a good look when i got home but the pictures are not the best. Will go and have another look in the morning

Most of us here have gone for magnetically coupled pumps, so there's no chance of beer getting into the motor. They are food grade. For half as much money again you can buy a March pump and it will last for a long time. Use the search function, their is plenty of threads with March pumps. :D

beside the question whether the pump is food grade or not, 1000W is far too strong to pump wort.

IMHO the pump shouldnt be stronger than 300W, otherwise cavitation will be an issue.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back