Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys should come to NZ and see how many excessively crap beers we have...

What about "Stienlarger" . I A/B'd Stienlarger with Asahi and i swear they are almost the same beer, i thought both were good beers. :D

What about "Stienlarger" . I A/B'd Stienlarger with Asahi and i swear they are almost the same beer, i thought both were good beers. :D

I should have mentioned Steinlager, I personally hate it more than any other NZ beer, reason being, its the most sold NZ beer all because of marketting, yet I think it tastes like crap! And ask anyone whos had a night on the Steiny's, its the worst beer for a hangover bar none! Seriously!!!

tasman bitter is pretty bad
i brought a carton at a drive through on the way home from work a couple of years ago. Cracked a stubbie and almost chucked on the first swig. I thought the beer must be off so did a u-turn and took it back. the guy in the drive thru didnt want to exchange but one taste of that beer and he offered me a refund. the funny thing is that i had the misfortune to try tasman bitter again just recently. it wasnt as bad as the first time but it was aweful. conclusion - the beer sucks ass.

Worst beer I have ever had was japanese and called Sapporo or something along those lines. I bought it coz it came in a very cool can. The liquid went down the sink after the first mouthfull. I think I still have the can somewhere:)

Worst beer I have ever had was japanese and called Sapporo or something along those lines. I bought it coz it came in a very cool can. The liquid went down the sink after the first mouthfull. I think I still have the can somewhere:)

You only had one mouthfull :huh: Shoulda given it a chance, agreed it does taste like a watery lager, but wasting beer?!?!?! :eek:

Chinese Tsingtao

I would rather drink the water from my dogs bowl.

Chinese Tsingtao

I would rather drink the water from my dogs bowl.

Used to enjoy Tsingtao but think they've changed the recipe recently. Used to have a real good pilsener flavour to it on the dry side. Got some last week and they were almost sickly sweet, don't remember them tasting this way, and they now have a new bottle and label to go with the average taste. Checked the packaging and it was still brewed in China - thought maybe they'd changed where they were brewing or brewing under licence. Carlsberg & Kirin got stuffed when they started brewing them under licence for the Australian market in places like Newcastle (NSW) and Malaysia. The real stuff from the proper source is not as bad.

Many of these Asian beers (like the Sapporo mentioned above) use rice in the brewing process - maybe that's why many of us aren't digging the taste of them - could be a matter of what you're used to (like the yanks with their gross Budweiser - Made with rice? What's with that?).

Don't get me wrong, there are good examples of beers with rice used (Asahi ain't bad) but won't be getting the Tsingtao again either.

Hopper.

Agree with rehnton, Tasman bitter is awful, bought a case once because it was cheap, sat in the garage for months after I tried the first one, eventually got drunk after i had a few mates around and we'd drank everything else and we too :icon_drunk: to care how it tasted.

The other one was some beer I had in HongKong, not a word of english on the label, came in what looked like a 1L green bottle, serious hang over the next day :icon_vomit:

Toohey's Pils is now using Hallertau instead of Saaz and new packaging.

It didn't improve the beer though.... :icon_vomit:

The worst commercial beer I have ever had is still Beez Neez.

I've had worse, but beez neez is a pretty shit beer. How did that ever get popular?

I've had worse, but beez neez is a pretty shit beer. How did that ever get popular?
That beez neez doesnt sound like it would be that bad, honey beers are normally tasty, whats it like? Too sweet?

Tasman bitter is Boags. The Boag's Bitter tallies available at Liquorland are very similar in flavour, thin and 'woody' with a nasty metallic hop tang. However if you want something truly underwhelming, BWS import an allegedly Dutch beer in 440ml cans called "Amsterdam Mariner".
I guess they needed something to compete with Liquorland's Bavaria and Hollandia. Bavaria is actually not a bad drop if you like a Heineken / Oranjeboom style Dutch Lager. Hollandia, the cheapy, obviously contains a heap of non-malt adjuncts but still tastes quite good as they put in the same aroma hops as Bavaria.
But Woolies Amsterdam Mariner is bloody awful, tastes a bit like a European version of Toohey's Gold. :icon_drool2: Shame on you, Netherlands.

Tasman bitter is Boags. The Boag's Bitter tallies available at Liquorland are very similar in flavour, thin and 'woody' with a nasty metallic hop tang. However if you want something truly underwhelming, BWS import an allegedly Dutch beer in 440ml cans called "Amsterdam Mariner".
I guess they needed something to compete with Liquorland's Bavaria and Hollandia. Bavaria is actually not a bad drop if you like a Heineken / Oranjeboom style Dutch Lager. Hollandia, the cheapy, obviously contains a heap of non-malt adjuncts but still tastes quite good as they put in the same aroma hops as Bavaria.
But Woolies Amsterdam Mariner is bloody awful, tastes a bit like a European version of Toohey's Gold. :icon_drool2: Shame on you, Netherlands.
Yes I agree it is the worst commercial beer I have had in AU its Shite Shite Shite.Had some really ordinary beers in India as well but it was cheap!
GB

I have to admit that I dont mind the Amsterdam Mariner. $8 to $10 for 4 x 500ml(not 440ml) is ok. But i only buy this if I am to lazy to drive to Dans and get some real beers.

The latest JS Golden Ale carton I bought. FLAT!

The latest JS Golden Ale carton I bought. FLAT!

Doesnt make it the worse commerical beer though.... that is a fine beer! You just got a bad batch!

Doesnt make it the worse commerical beer though.... that is a fine beer! You just got a bad batch!

Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff. I'm just dissapointed. Still drinking it though!

surely its never bad, i lv the stuff, hope to perfect the ag recipe soon!

Back