Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many many years ago and I do hope they dont make it anymore, Southwark larger from SA. It was like being made to drink washing water from a wash of dirty undies whilst have you testicles stepped on.

:icon_vomit:

Many many years ago and I do hope they dont make it anymore, Southwark larger from SA. It was like being made to drink washing water from a wash of dirty undies whilst have you testicles stepped on.

:icon_vomit:

They must use the same recipe as Cairns Draught. Except you used the dirty undies to wipe up the dog's vomit.

May not be to your taste Tony, but the beer is certainly not thin (all malt and one of the highest AEs of any commercial beer around 5% abv) and with its particular malt bill, could not have a colour even remotely close to LiteIce.

Mate im not saying this to stir people up........... im being honest in my views.

I grew up listening to heavy metal music and being told it was crap......... it wasn't to me, i loved it. So i do realise that many love it and thats fine. Im not knocking people for liking it and never will. Not for anything!

But.............

This is a forum and opinions are like arseholes.......... everyone has one :)

This bottle was pale and thin. I have to say i have found this beer to be the most inconsistant beer i have tried. Sometimes its a deep golden colour with a nice mlaty finish to ballance the hops, and i have drank it and thought..... not bad but i dont want another. The hops have always been a bit on the astringent side to me. Other times its as pale as if it was made with all pilsner malt and 30% dextrose.

Im sure its not but the last bottle (it was a fresh pint sized one from uncle dans marked best before 15 apr 09 drank 3 weeks ago) was so light coloured and boddied. I poured it in a pint glass and looked at it. I looked at the bottle to make sure i didnt grab LCBA instead.

I dont think the lager yeast helps it either..... all those hops need something to back them up a bit.

Now im not against hoppy beers either. Ask anyone who tried my sheep shagger in the case swap at christmas time. and 6 months on its still hoppy too....... mmmmmmmmm

After trying a lot of home brewers APA's, that are more heavily hopped with c hops than this....... i have to say i dont mind them in moderation but LCPA can stay on the shelf in my books.

Yes its a fantastic step outside the regular aussie beer style, yes its gathered a massive fan base, yes its a well made beer but there is a difference between a well made beer and a well crafted beer!

sorry but if i went to a pub and all there was was LCPA and water.......... i would be the des. driver

cheers

I have to admit that I have had a couple of not so good LCPA but I most of the time it is fantastic IMO.

Tony whats your opinion on the Murrays Nirvana.

The worst commercial beer that ive tried was in a crappy little pub. Im sure the lines had never been cleaned.

The worse bottled beer that ive recently had was LPCA pint sized stubby. It tasted awful, not how i remembered it. I bought another from the pub up the road and it was good.

Murrys Nirvana was a better crafted beer. It is more ballanced and drinkable. The hops were smooth but there if you know what i mean, with enough malt and body to carry them perfectly.

cheers

Indeed they do, in the Craft section

its not an apa.

its not even an ale.

its just another boring bland lager.

(used to live a stones throw from the brewery. all their beers are pretty shite. stout is the best of a bad bunch. they also make kronberg or whatever it is, and redback there now)

I've always wondered how they can get away with such blatant false advertising.
I do believe that at one time it really was an ale though.

How's 'XXXX Bitter Ale' for a misleading brand name?

its not an apa.

its not even an ale.

its just another boring bland lager.

(used to live a stones throw from the brewery. all their beers are pretty shite. stout is the best of a bad bunch. they also make kronberg or whatever it is, and redback there now)

Therefore Schooey is PWNED

Some kiwi beer called Hagen and its mate Hagen gold. Fargen Crap

Hi all,

I can't stand VB, gives me the hiccups and severe heart burn. Recently I tried carlton draught and surprise surprise it did the same thing. So my body doesn't like the nasty chemicals that lurk in this swill.

I have tried plenty of others but I'm repressing the memories so as not to scar myself in any future beer drinking sessions.

I normally drink Tooheys New when I'm out, but I have to say on tap it is a bit of hit and miss. One of my local pubs in southern sydney where I frequent most Sunday arvo's it is very drinkable, but the other 2 across the road it is bloody awful.

I tried a James Squire Pepperberry warming winter ale (or some such) this weekend and it was horrible. Tasted like sweetened, flat Coke.

Circle Master Organic Ale

Not probably the worst but the biggest let down. I have had the Hobgoblin by Wychwood in the past and found it a very enjoyable beer. For some reason I found the bottle version better than the can version?? As for their Golden Pale Ale..... Don't be fooled by the flashy label on this one. Not much in the way of hop aroma, not much bitterness and the flavour.... I would go so far as to saying Coopers Pale is by far better value. I will still try the rest of the range over time but will give this one the flick.

BYB

IMGP1948.JPG

Quickly ducked into 1st Choice on the weekend and they had the beer tasting stand.
Was oh-so-lucky to try Millers Chill. Thought, better try it so I can see why I don't want to buy it.
Twas up the sh!t.
Made me think of watered down hahn light with a weak dash of coola cordial.
Thankfully there was Pilsner Urquelll and Glenfiddich on tasting to wash my mouth out with!

CPA is one of the most over rated I have ever tried - I still do not know why people love it? Bland bland bland - just like the state it is brewed in :ph34r:

Yes I agree it is the worst commercial beer I have had in AU its Shite Shite Shite.Had some really ordinary beers in India as well but it was cheap!
GB

I polished off a case of amsterdam mariner on the weekend. Im out of HB and it was the cheapest case I could find in DM. Ive had it before and dont actually mind it. :ph34r:
Cheers
Steve

Hey

On the weekend i needed sum change and was at the bottle-o with a few of my mates. i looked in the fridge and found a 'snowy mountains brewery charlottes hefeweizen', so i just bought one so id have some change

While its anything but the worst commercial beer ive tried, i was really dissapointed with it. Way overcarbed and acidic. Maybe it was just a bad bottle, im not sure. I cant find a best before date on it anywhere, but yea, not the worst beer, just a big let down

Sponge

My list would go something like this from recently drunk stuff:

1. Aussie brewed Stella and Heineken
2. Coopers Best Extra Stout (I like a good stout, but this stuff just tastes like burnt grain. Reviews on Rate Beer talk about fruit and nut and chocolate, bullshit!)
3. Coopers Dark Ale (Like watered down stout)

I reckon West End 106 or something like that is the worst ever.

Then the super dry and low carb beers are really disappointing when you want a beer, not water. They aren't really disgusting like the others listed though.

Latest posts

Back