Wine taste!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And thanks again coronessa. Appreciate the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

Fwiw

Drinking a uk/ us type ale imho it will taste poor with the yeast so leave the yeast in the bottle
Drinking a Belgian, saison or hefe it will taste poor without the yeast in the glass

Just my 5c

Enjoy your brews

I'm trying to be patient. It's only been around 18 degrees where my bottles are stored so havnt tried yet. Might try one this weekend.

Ha ha. Shelving under the house yob

That's what happens when plumbers try carpentry. :)

Well..........It's Very nice!!!

Coronessa Shacked and everyone else , thanks heaps for your advice. The hops help a lot as you suggested.

Only regret is not putting more in the fridge :)

Great to hear that it turned out Curly! Hopefully that is the start of a lifetime of experimenting and improving your beers.

Yep. I'm wrapped! Thanks mate!

I got a mangrove jacks pale ale pack. The improver looks to be 3/4 malt 1/4 dex. And a small bag of cascade pellets. Gunna try boiling the hop bag and adding the kit and kilo to the pot this time. :)

Sounds tasty mate. Cascade is a great hop!!

Just remember to add about 100g of DME per L of water for your hop boil (you want to do the boil at a gravity of about 1.040 for best hop extraction). Maybe a 4L boil with half of your brew improver.

If you just use water you can get some harsh flavors from your hops.

So 400g of DME with the hop boil then add the 1 kg improver or use half the improver for the hop boil

Nah mate. Use your improver or DME . So 4 ltr of water to 400 odd g of improver will do the job. Don't boil the kit or the rest of the improver at all, It will ruin the beers head retention.

Ok. Cheers mate.

I reckon he just types that in after every message.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer.

Latest posts

Back