Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems to have become another thread where an expensive brewing solution is being bagged because it doesn't do everything everyone whats from a brew machine. This is not an all-grain brewing solution, so those that want to brew all grain this isn't for you (obvious I know)! Its very interesting how people assume that the way they think is the 'right' way and others just are wrong or haven't come round to the right way of thinking yet.

Now I am an all-grain brewer, and there is no way in hell I would ever buy one of these machines. But I think its a pretty amazing bit of kit and will meet some peoples' needs PERFECTLY!

Imagine this person:

- Loves the idea of making their own beers.
- Time and space poor, but not financially poor.
- No interest in spending all the time thinking about all-grain, devising recipes and gaining all the knowledge. Yes there are people who are very willing to settle for extract/kit beers for the ease and convenience.
- Does not want loads of brew gear around the place (fermenting drums etc). This goes with being space poor, people living in inner city terraces or apartments may not want a keg fridge.
- Willing to pay for a simple all in one solution that will look great in their house.

I think this could be quite a few people and I appreciate that although $6000 is a load of money, custom engineering and design on this small scale is bound to be expensive.

All in all I think it looks like a top machine for these people.

No affiliation, I just thought some balance to this argument might be beneficial.... (its been fun reading it though :))

This seems to have become another thread where an expensive brewing solution is being bagged because it doesn't do everything everyone whats from a brew machine.
Yes, they seem to attract a certain personality type, the type that doesn't have the imagination or skill to build something themselves. They have plenty of time for idle criticism though.

If I was made of money I wouldn't hesitate to splash out on something like this. It would be a pretty darn nice 'show piece' for the home bar and I can't see why people are bringing in the AG vs extract debate. Beyond the promo crap this seems to me to be a fancy fermenter and dispensing system, which allows you to brew whatever you like - kit, AG, FWK, whatever.

I would LOVE a conical fermenter with built in temp control. Building in carbonation and dispensing is pretty darn clever, but yeah, the 7 day lag problem is a doozy. I guess I'll just have to wait for the 'deluxe' version that transfers the clear beer into a separate, pressurised chamber.

It would make a perfect companion to a Braumeister tho :)

I would rather a nice jacketed conical, a 50L braumeister and a kegking kegerator with a triple tap font

But that's just me

It would make a perfect companion to a Braumeister tho :)

I would rather a nice jacketed conical, a 50L braumeister and a kegking kegerator with a triple tap font

But that's just me

Yep, would have to agree.... I'll be 1/3 of the way there soon :D

the 7 day lag problem is a doozy.

Not only that, but it's bullshit if you think about it. What about all those beers than shine after some significant conditioning, running into months?

Did I miss something reading...

What gas does it use to serve? Do you still add a C02 bottle or is it perfectly set so your last glass is flat?

Seeing as nobody here is actually going to buy one of these things then I'm wondering why the thread is now up to n posts
I vote we turn it into a Polenta vs Flaked Maize thread.

Personally I reckon Polenta is the grain that Jesus brewed with

Here, Cocko.

Once the beer is cold and clarified, it is ready to consume. However if we opened the beer tap and started pouring beer, as we emptied the tank over time, the tank pressure would start to decrease and the beer would become flat. This is because as the headspace becomes larger and the beer volume smaller, the CO2 in the beer moves into the headspace and the beer starts to lose its fizz. So what we need to do is maintain the pressure in the headspace as the level decreases, with an external source of CO2. Then the natural CO2 in the beer stays in the beer and it remains fully carbonated right until the last drop. So we use Soda Stream CO2 cylinder that is placed in the machine, to help push the beer out the beer tap and maintain the same pressure in the tank from first drop till last drop.

Seeing as nobody here is actually going to buy one of these things then I'm wondering why the thread is now up to n posts
I vote we turn it into a Polenta vs Flaked Maize thread.

Personally I reckon Polenta is the grain that Jesus brewed with

You have gone Polenta MAD :wacko:

I used some flaked maize in Cardiff in 1976 - can you still get it?

Whats flaked maize??

1432-THe-actual-final-Maze.jpg

Yes, they seem to attract a certain personality type, the type that doesn't have the imagination or skill to build something themselves. They have plenty of time for idle criticism though.

As do you my friend :rolleyes:

C'mon Mark MHB...Go the Braumeister...you know you want to.
I do.
(Just Sayin')

Back