Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the local feedstore today and they had oats there. I have been contemplating using oats for a little while after my success with rice.

I was thinking of just using uncle toby's but this feedstore stuff looks like it could be the go, it looks like a grain which makes me feel comfortable with ti.

Also, they had cheap corn there as well, would this work with some boiling (they can crush it)?

I actually do want to know the answers too, i was going to start a new thread but i thought i may as well chuck it in here.

Its a game for fatnecks that are slow and have the grace of a pregnant cow...AKA the unconverted.
Soon Aussie rules will take over your pathetic little islands and the likes of SBW will join all the other Kiwis in oz, on the rock and roll.

How embarrassing! Not only are NZ losing in most sports but they're also getting destroyed in boring, parochial pissing contests.

I was at the local feedstore today and they had oats there. I have been contemplating using oats for a little while after my success with rice.

I bought a 750g pack of woolworths brand quick oats today for 99 cents, to go in an upcoming stout. Can't argue with that price.

11985.jpg

Didn't we take the league world cup off you guys? shit that is like us losing rugby to Japan..........Priceless We even made it further than you in the cricket world cup, besides it is only two one in the world cup stakes, soon to be two all, te he he
Either way I'll still have a great time with my extra $6k

I would rather get one of these and 4k of grain

Sorry to whoever i stole that link off, i couldn't quote you :(

Whats Polenta?

A scolding hot bitch when you need to cook a lot of it on the stove top for 20 minutes of non stop stirring,before setting it in a tray....goes well with duck cooked 2 ways tho.

I glanced over that sentence and saw bitch and cook and looked for a women in that picture.... :ph34r:

$1au buys $1.34nz. ha we win. Although you would consider this a win because you've got the highest number :D

Lucky the beer is better and cheaper across the ditch,cant wait to check out a few bottle shops next Wednesday night.

Sad to see this thread take this direction. But if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

Get behind the NZ invasion campaign I say:

If they were another state, the Tasmanians would be happy... the heat would be off them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this advertised in zoo magazine yesterday, but the price was $4200.

I saw this advertised in zoo magazine yesterday, but the price was $4200.

You really do read the articles Ekul! :D

It's a big discount - harder to sell than valves for the 5l mini kegs, but there will always be some market there...

Keep on keeping on. 36 brews in and has not missed a beat! Brewing great beer with the robobrew. Cooling wort to44oC and then allowing WW to chill to 22. Dumping yeast and fermenting for 5 days. Beer ready at day 7 even with Og at 1071. Beautiful, best money spent.
LOL
Cheers
Elz
PS pm me for unbiased advice re the WW

Plus+ once beer is brewed pouring a nice tight head. And keeping hop flavour,especially with dry hopping for around a week.

Elz said:
Plus+ once beer is brewed pouring a nice tight head. And keeping hop flavour,especially with dry hopping for around a week.
arent these all things which are perfectly achievable on systems less than $4k?

People happily pay for cars such as Lexus or BMW that cost many times more than a Hyundai i20 and do exactly the same job of getting you from A to B in comfort. Had a ride as a passenger, in a BMW upper end model not too long ago and I found the ride harsh and unpleasant, couldn't see $70 grand there, but that doesn't mean that everyone should drive Hyundais or Kias.

Back