Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vykuza

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I just spotted this one on the Beer and Brewer website : WilliamsWarn personal brewery. http://www.williamswarn.com/

I'm torn on this one - torn between the fact that the video makes it look like an amazing piece of kit. If it works at shown, then they've solved some problems with very small scale brewing (especially single vessel).

On the flip side, it's a $6000 automatic fermenter for kit brewing - which is a staggering amount of money for something that doesn't even produce wort. Flogging the kits and dried yeast for $49/batch is a bit rough too.

Granted it looks cool and they have their marketing down pat. For what it does it is over engineered and overpriced. Its for people who have too much money that want to brew some beer. Imagine what you could do with 6k on a brew rig and a keggerator. I would have a braumaster and a nice keg fridge for that and change!

I know a bit OT, but damn Kiwis are good at marketing!

spot on outbreak, buy yourself the shmick setup + spend a dirty week in the tropics with the beer hag and still have change to top up the grain bins.

anyway isnt making the beer half of the fun

It is a nice piece of kit, but not sure it's worth the price tag......Not too sure about their brew in 7days system too.......

But it appears to dispense from the pressure vessel, which is also the fermenter. So as soon as you finish the beer you have to wait seven days for another one - or am I missing something?

Cheers
Steve

[quote name='Steve's Pub' post='761661' date='Apr 8 2011, 01:49 PM']But it appears to dispense from the pressure vessel, which is also the fermenter. So as soon as you finish the beer you have to wait seven days for another one - or am I missing something?

Cheers
Steve[/quote]

Nope, you are correct.

Ah Sheep F$$kers.............

Cheers

Paul

[quote name='Steve's Pub' post='761661' date='Apr 8 2011, 01:49 PM']But it appears to dispense from the pressure vessel, which is also the fermenter. So as soon as you finish the beer you have to wait seven days for another one - or am I missing something?

Cheers
Steve[/quote]

Good point..........

Buy two.

It goes inside, you put the can in it, then seal it up

Would hate to have just bought one of those and then discovered electric urn BIAB...

yes, good marketing...

and yes, most of the fun is in doing it yourself, otherwise you might as well just go and buy whatevers on special at the bottlo.

In it's defense, I'd say there's nothing stopping you from doing a big BIAB in it with an over the side element! Or pouring in your own wort from whatever production method you use.

Considering the size of it, and the fact that it can both heat to pasteurising temperatures, and refrigerate for cold beer, there's some good engineering gone in to it. My guess is that there are either coils for cooling and heating inside the fermenter, or it's jacketed.

If i had $6000 to spend on brewing equipment i'd set up the same rig i have now, and then pay someone to make the beer for me :)

Better tell Bandito!

Wow! What a slick advert..... very impressed... but like Steve said... 7 days for a beer... not a snowflakes chance in hell.

And the cost...

Old fridge $50 or free
Fridgemate $100 (bought, then built by a sparky)
Willow cube fermentation vessel $22
Starsan $50
Funnel for kit at SuperCheap $2
Hose for kegging $5
4 kegs $160
Regulator $120
Keg Fittings & line $50
Beer kit (good, malt, yeast & hops) $25
C02 Bottle $300
Bronco tap $20

Total $904

Wish I had gone into marketing.... :super:
*note all prices overestimated...

Good value for the cleaning gear I thought!

Warn.JPG

But it appears to dispense from the pressure vessel, which is also the fermenter. So as soon as you finish the beer you have to wait seven days for another one - or am I missing something?

Cheers
Steve
Nope, you are correct.

It takes an engineer to design something so clever and well made, and yet miss something so important and obvious...
(yes, I do have a number of friends who are engineers :)...)

It takes an engineer to design something so clever and well made, and yet miss something so important and obvious...
(yes, I do have a number of friends who are engineers :) ...)

It must have been designed for benders. Real wingdings, houlihans and general Animal House style merriment....enough to make you wait a week for your next beer... if indeed you can brew when hungover!

I'm still trying to get my head around fermenting under pressure, so my beer is carbonated at end of ferment. The yeast is going to love that.

Back