Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still trying to get my head around fermenting under pressure, so my beer is carbonated at end of ferment. The yeast is going to love that.

Easy.. screw the cap on your jerry can a tight on day 4 and you're fine. :lol:

Not joking, have done it on occasion, transferring cubes to fermenting fridge and forgetting to loosen the cap off.

And the yeast don't complain, so no HR issues there. Tell them you're getting a new smack pack and they shut the **** up. :p

And it's carbed and... full as a state school!

I once tightened the lid right up on a fermenting cube when I thought the brew had finished. I wanted to leave the brew on the yeast for a bit to condition and having had a few infections, thought I'd reduce any possibility of oxidation or infection.

2 days later the damn thing swelled up to about twice the size. Quite a bit of stretch those blue willow cubes.

I want a $6000 goop tranformer. Minimal effort is how I see beer should be.

"and even invent new beers that have never been crafted before". WOW, it can do that! That's got to be worth $6000.

The only cool thing that it has going is the dials, that panel looked all sorts of 1970's.

If I had a power of cash and had gone full circle on my beer philosophy (all the way back to who cares as long as it's cheap i can see the reason for it) but if I have a spare $6000 for a completely non hands on brewery i may as well just buy beer.

who the f*ck is spending 6 k on a unit so automated they must hate the process of brewing and just want beer, id rather buy a slab rather than a brewery in that case.

the whole unit is a paradox in my drunken eyes.

And forbid it that anyone should drink that horrible yeasty homebrew produced by any other method!

All other homebrew is also oxidised and takes too long to carbonate :rolleyes:

Marketing looks good - but who is going to pay 6K for this?

Expect to see these on TVShop at a buy one get one free soon.

And why is there a neoprene cover on the sediment removal flask?

RM

Just been reading a bit further. Apparently you can use said apparatus with your own extract or AG wort but you need to produce it on other equipment. If they added the necessary equipment into it, would make more sense as an all in one automatic brewery for different methods of brewing (still damn expensive and taking all my fun away but a step better than goop transformer extrodinaire).

I wasted 20 due to the restrictive screen size of an iphone.

I'm wondering what a 400L one would cost.

Hi folks.

I just spotted this one on the Beer and Brewer website : WilliamsWarn personal brewery. http://www.williamswarn.com/

I'm torn on this one - torn between the fact that the video makes it look like an amazing piece of kit. If it works at shown, then they've solved some problems with very small scale brewing (especially single vessel).

On the flip side, it's a $6000 automatic fermenter for kit brewing - which is a staggering amount of money for something that doesn't even produce wort. Flogging the kits and dried yeast for $49/batch is a bit rough too.

check

Or the Mashpilot by Beerbelly... $5990. It's true, it doesn't serve your beer, but kegging gear and a fridge will only be a few hundred bucks if you're canny. Also the cost per brew would be less than WW kits :blink:

mashpilotoverall2controlson.gif

[color="330000"]
[/color]
[color="330000"]There are two models of brewery, the G-Series(all LPG fired) and E-Series (electric HLT gas fired Kettle). [/color]

• [color="330000"]They have the following features as standard -
    " Stainless steel frame, with tipping trays for both mashtun and kettle for emptying and cleaning. The vessels are attached to the tipping frames, the frames themselves are removeable.
    [/color]
  • [color="330000"]All stainless vessels with lids[/color]
  • [color="330000"]March 809 PL-HS magnetic drive pump[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Stainless steel industry standard cam-lock fittings[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Sightglass on the HLT[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Electric version HLT fitted with float switch to protect element from burnout.
    [/color]
  • [color="330000"]Full bore stainless steel ball valves[/color]
  • [color="330000"]1/2" food grade silicon hosing[/color]
  • [color="330000"]30 plate Stainless steel plate heat exchanger/s[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Dial thermometers in HERMS coil outlet, heat exchanger outlet and Mashtun.[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Taste and odour water filter & housing[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Adjustable feet to suit un-even surfaces, or castors for ease of moving (choose your preference)[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Removeable copper HERMS coil in HLT[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Insulated mashtun fitted with our unique wort return dish, and perforated stainless false bottom[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Kettle fitted with pickup tube, & hopscreen, also whirlpool inlet and dial thermometer.[/color]
  • [color="330000"]High pressure burner/s and LPG regulator supplied (fits standard POL 9kg LPG bottle, not supplied)[/color]
  • [color="330000"]All breweries supplied with a stainless mash-paddle.[/color]
  • [color="330000"]Complete, ready to use brewing solution, simply connect to water, electricity and gas and start brewing. [/color]
  • [color="330000"]First brew included![/color]

Sounds like you guys are still abit sore about losing the ashes, and not winning many rugby games,
I have one of these beasts as I brought one as a beta tester, couple of facts that I picked up on looking at your banter.
You can use anyones extract product in it if you know what you are doing.
The only reason it is launched with the three recommended beers is to make sure that any muppet can make premium beer in it, I had never made a beer in my life but tasted lots of homebrew over the years and my first brew was far superior than the other crap.
From what I gather, the quality of the ingredients will determine the quality of your beer.
The machine is not automatic, it just gives you full control over fermentation, carbonation and sediment removal, leaving you with clear, cold carbonated beer every time.
It is pretty easy to clean, from your last brew to having your next one up and running it takes about 1 1/2 hours.
You can bottle it off if you are a pig and have to brew every week, it is supplied with a stem so you can fill flagons from the bottom up, as you have control over the carbonation you can over carbonate it slightly before filling.
If using an ale yeast you can make beer chrystal clear, cold and perfectly carbonated in seven days or less, no shit.
The machine is built to be handed down to the next generation and weighs 86kg empty.
You can make any style of beer in it as I have had a hoppy beer from Ian Williams himself, it was awesome, that is what I will be trying next.
Can't remember if there was anything else that I have missed but I can assure you that if you know what you are doing you will get a lot of fun and pleasure from it and once you understand its capabilities will even forget about what it cost you.

CheersIMG_0462.JPG

Sounds like you guys are still abit sore about losing the ashes, and not winning many rugby games,

Possibly more that many people here are opposed to the idea of not needing to know what you are doing to make good beer nor the aspersions cast at homebrewed beer as if it were all the same stuff regardless of who makes it or how. I'm talking about the marketting, not you by the way.

Good to hear from someone using it to give a different perspective although brewing once a week doesn't make someone a pig. Some people just enjoy brewing, some different types of beer get cellared etc etc and sometimes people just like to have a variety on hand.

6k is a lot in anyone's book and you can set up very decent all grain systems for much less including kegs, fridge, taps for dispensing.

I think if it enabled you to produce your own wort then it would be a great system but it's simply an expensive fermentation and dispensing device at the moment.

You can do exactly the same thing with a keg system, a conical fermenter, a couple of temp controlled (2nd hand) fridges, and all for a fraction of the price.

I'm sure it works fantastically, but it's not something I'd ever consider buying. Ever.

The only reason it is launched with the three recommended beers is to make sure that any muppet can make premium beer in it, I had never made a beer in my life but tasted lots of homebrew over the years and my first brew was far superior than the other crap.
From what I gather, the quality of the ingredients will determine the quality of your beer.

Ah so its for muppets that cant brew, havn't got the brains to learn how to build a keg set up and dont like the idea of having a variety of beers on tap. But it does give you more time chasing sheep.

I take it your not on the marketing team. :icon_cheers: Oh well this pigs off to watch his three fermenting beers and stare at my five taps for a bit.

Cheers

You can do exactly the same thing with a keg system, a conical fermenter, a couple of temp controlled (2nd hand) fridges, and all for a fraction of the price.

I'm sure it works fantastically, but it's not something I'd ever consider buying. Ever.
You possibly could do it with a keg system but you wouldn't be able to clarify as well and remove the sediment fully, you would need a variable pressure relief system with gauges and would still need a co2 system to get the beer out, good luck

I'm sure it is a great piece of kit, but as has been said a system could be built for far less.

If a turnkey brewery was desired a braumeister can be had for $3500 (i think?) A 100L stainless steel conical fermenter can be had for $1000 a keg system can be had for $500 which still leaves some money for seven pounds of hops from hopsdirect ($150) and a mill of course ($200). Thats $5350, so i spose all thats is left to buy is 10-15 sacks of grain. Actually i forgot to include money to buy a fridge, you'll have to go around on council cleanup for this. :ph34r:

So for $6000 you could buy the very best brew equipment money can buy, brand new, PLUS have enough left over to buy enough ingredients to make 75 23litre batches of all grain beer. Which is 187 cartons of beer which @ $40 a carton would cost $7500 in the shops.

So on top of costing the same, it actually comes with enough ingredients to pay for itself.

I think these may be the reasons that people aren't keen for it, or it could be the footy thing? :)

I have one of these beasts as I brought one as a beta tester, couple of facts that I picked up on looking at your banter.
The machine is not automatic, it just gives you full control over fermentation, carbonation and sediment removal, leaving you with clear, cold carbonated beer every time.
It is pretty easy to clean, from your last brew to having your next one up and running it takes about 1 1/2 hours.
You can bottle it off if you are a pig and have to brew every week, it is supplied with a stem so you can fill flagons from the bottom up, as you have control over the carbonation you can over carbonate it slightly before filling.
If using an ale yeast you can make beer chrystal clear, cold and perfectly carbonated in seven days or less, no shit.
The machine is built to be handed down to the next generation and weighs 86kg empty.
You can make any style of beer in it as I have had a hoppy beer from Ian Williams himself, it was awesome, that is what I will be trying next.
Can't remember if there was anything else that I have missed but I can assure you that if you know what you are doing you will get a lot of fun and pleasure from it and once you understand its capabilities will even forget about what it cost you.

CheersView attachment 45240

Possibly more that many people here are opposed to the idea of not needing to know what you are doing to make good beer nor the aspersions cast at homebrewed beer as if it were all the same stuff regardless of who makes it or how. I'm talking about the marketting, not you by the way.

Good to hear from someone using it to give a different perspective although brewing once a week doesn't make someone a pig. Some people just enjoy brewing, some different types of beer get cellared etc etc and sometimes people just like to have a variety on hand.

6k is a lot in anyone's book and you can set up very decent all grain systems for much less including kegs, fridge, taps for dispensing.

I think if it enabled you to produce your own wort then it would be a great system but it's simply an expensive fermentation and dispensing device at the moment.

Brewing once a week doesn't make you a pig but drinking 5 1/2 doz per week might make you look like one, I thought you guys had a sense of humour?
This is all good fun and I can't wait until there are some being used in Aussie so I can see what they think of it.

Cheers

Back