Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barls said:
ok far enough off topic. does anyone have anything to add on the ww.
I reckon Elz does. By the look of it Williams Warn is now adding 25% extra smug in every can.

Nothing better than arguing what you believe in: the greens, good beer, the environment, hoppy beer, anti big business, craft beer, small minded people, progress..
Home brew
Cheers Elz

Wobbly warn uses his BM then.. Cough.. Ferments in it... Don't think I've read anyone actually 'producing' wort in them though

Would you fermet in a BM (only a dick head would). can you produce wort in a WW, no. Can yo fermet and pour draft beer from a WW, yes.
WW is not a wort producing machine, never designed for this purpose
Cheers
Elz

I know a bloke who has one. Tips FWK's in it pitches ferments and despenses. It works for him but I don't think his brain could handle racking into a keg, gassing and despensing.

FWK's = all grain, enough said. (ps, being an ex hotel/pub manager its not brain surgery to figure out beer pressure)

Pubs / hotels get their beers cold crashed, filtered bright, kegged and gassed. Setting serving pressures isn't rocket appliances.

I'm not arguing I'm just saying any clown can tap a keg. Gees mate don't go and see a quack she may medicate you for high blood pressure or something.

Beersuit said:
Pubs / hotels get their beers cold crashed, filtered bright, kegged and gassed. Setting serving pressures isn't rocket appliances.
Umm before or after the kegs have been bounced all over the place by a forklift,then bunged on the back of an unrefridgerated truck for a long long road trip ?
Rockets don't have appliances other wise the toast would float away ;).

Cool calm and collected here. Up against it from the majority on this site. All for innovation in the Homebrew field,whatever the endeavour.sick of neigh sayers,
Cheers Elz

As an assistant manager at the Whitehorse hotel and blackburn hotel (and catering manager at various venues) handling beer required a certain level of knowledge. Cleanliness and rotation was key. FIFO plus freshness, tap and sell. use within a couple of weeks, fresh is best. Still holds true in my opinion.
Cheers
Elz

Elz said:
Bites tounge.... ? Germans make the braumeister, which kinda works for some on this forum. Plus there is no harm in highlighting an engineering advantage to the homebrewer. Albiet to those with views stuck in the past decade!!! Lift our eyes to the hills
Cheers
Elz
Lots of crew coping the Brau

Lots of crew coping the WW pressure fermenting

Both a lot cheaper options

Dont think we are against the inguinity ITS just the cost the cost the cost

Do you get it is the cost

Can we please keep the discussion civil and relevant?

Will need to start pruning if people can't be respectful. Don't want a ww, don't buy one.

Elz said:
Kinda outlined that the robobrew is a good adjunct to the WW. (Ps thats all grain)
Not sure if that was a response to my comment or not. if so, I wasn't knocking the WW per se, just saying that it's designed as a fermentor/dispenser and from their own advertising aimed squarely at extract brewing. I'm perfectly well aware that the robobrew is all grain. In my personal circumstances, the WW could only ever be a fermentor as I'd always want at least 4 beers on tap. So it would replace a $25 fermentor. Your money, your choice, and I'm honestly happy you're happy with it. As you're seemingly pushing its benefits, I'm merely pointing out that I don't see any for me.

Hope that clears that up. Hope you continue to enjoy your WW for many years to come.

Elz said:
I don't own a car, but if I did I would aspire to aTesla rather then a Kia (kinda like a future not based on old technology)
For the record electric motors are older technology than reciprocating fossil fuel engines.

Carry on.

My only interest in this is from a business perspective. Saw the video on the WW a few years ago and was just thinking the other day those blokes probably went broke putting their life savings into that concept. Shows what the F do I know.

Wow, this is still going.
I think the main thing here is the cost. Even if I had the $7k, I wouldn't buy one of these. They're not that innovative or useful. Spending that much money to save a couple of days fermenting and drink it sooner....no thanks. I'd rather drop my fictional $7k on a couple of SS fermenters, brew more and have more variety on tap. The money for a pressurised fermenter just isn't worth it IMO. If I had millions to play with and I didn't care about blowing my money on expensive toys....I might buy one (along with expensive guitars, cars and electronics).

Elz, I am curious as to your choice of wort making equipment. You clearly have spared no expense in the fermentation side of things for what is arguably a minimal gain, yet you've gone for the cheapest automated brewery on the market (as far as I know). Not knocking the robobrew at all - I have one and it makes great wort. But a grainfather or a brau would make the job so much easier and, some may argue, may make slightly better wort (emphasis: may). If small gains in efficiency and quality at high financial costs matter to you, then a top of the line braumeister should have been your obvious choice.

Back