Why has Nick JD got the arse?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it to em bbb

Bada Bing Brewery said:
I will now stop posting.... that's it for me.
This place was always about the shit and a laugh.
Maybe I'll take up lurking - always liked a good lurk.
AHB has taken on a blandness of late, it reminds me now of megaswill.
Signing off
BBB
I might join you, I am nearly on 666, ......although you and I are a joke BBB. I have been on here since 06, you since 07 and yet neither of us have cracked the 1000 posts...scandalous!

Maxt said:
I might join you, I am nearly on 666, ......although you and I are a joke BBB. I have been on here since 06, you since 07 and yet neither of us have cracked the 1000 posts...scandalous!
I knew I should have taken trolling 101.
I opted for tavernology - in my defense there were girls there.
Signing off again
BBB

Another post I'll cherish. Please don't go. ;)

JIAC

Its dam common sense. Have a joke, take the piss, all that non sense blah blah blah, its healthy. Don't do what Nick may have done by insulting another member about personal matters, that was amateur, it's a god dam pretty obvious line in my eyes...just don't cross it. No need for quality users like Bribie G, Bada Bing and even NickJD to leave the forum when they have clearly valuable knowledge and input to give. Everyone just keep on keeping on how we have always gone on, there isn't need for all this shit. Moderators and admins nut up, this place will fastly become full of beginners with little knowledge if you start banning reputable members, these characters are the fibre of this place and your just tipping them down one by one.
This aint no god dam nanny forum and it may be over reacting but if a domino effect takes place, we're cooked.....this site is too enjoyable to make people want to go without it.
These people are worth more in their weight of knowledge, humour and good reputation than insults.......so relax and let this place go on how it always has.

Here here, quite a good post and I agree with it 100%.

Absolutely agree with Citzensnips, we're not a bunch of school kids ....

citizensnips said:
citizensnips, on 07 Jul 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Its a real shame, I hate to say it but sometimes I wish it was just the good old green and gold AHB with that big barrel and the barley behind it.....to much change to quick if ya ask me
Seriously? Really? Guys... what change? They changed the skin. Big fat hairy deal. It looks different (OK the recipe DB was offline for ages but apart from that). Big deal. The site has new owners. What have they changed? Nothing. Nothing at all. What have they said they re going to change? Nothing. Nothing at all.Big deal.

Some nobs have been banned for being offensive and now everyone has their knickers in a twist about how much the place has changed. FFS. Get a grip. Wash the sand out of your manginas, HTFU and post something about beer (or cider or mead or whatever).

Cheers
Dave

I didn't realise I needed over 1000 posts to be entitled to an opinion, won't happen again

Not my point in the slightest.

I am amazed at the amount of members who post once a year that always and only comment on the 'state' of the forum. I would think that, posting is pretty much the only way to be apart of and therefore help shape it... I may be wrong.

Sorry, not directly posted about you, but over all used you as an example.

7roy said:
I didn't realise I needed over 1000 posts to be entitled to an opinion, won't happen again
You don't. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

For your opinion to be respected however, some record of useful contribution does help.

Therefore the opinions of people who contribute a lot are respected more than the opinions of those who pop up every year or so to complain about how shit the place is now. Post count isn't necessarily a good indication or useful contributions though... just look at bum :ph34r:

Airgead said:
just look at bum :ph34r:
Just try not looking at me. I'm gorgeous!

bum said:
Just try not looking at me. I'm gorgeous!
Thats your opinion bum. And as stated above opinions are like bums. Mostly full of shit! ;-)

Airgead said:
Seriously? Really? Guys... what change? They changed the skin. Big fat hairy deal. It looks different (OK the recipe DB was offline for ages but apart from that). Big deal. The site has new owners. What have they changed? Nothing. Nothing at all. What have they said they re going to change? Nothing. Nothing at all.Big deal.

Some nobs have been banned for being offensive and now everyone has their knickers in a twist about how much the place has changed. FFS. Get a grip. Wash the sand out of your manginas, HTFU and post something about beer (or cider or mead or whatever).

Cheers
Dave
Two users that have contributed 21,000+ posts together over 5 years get banned when new hosts take over, just a slight bit of change. Some nobs ay

Bribie is not banned, if that's what you're referring to. He's just changed his member title to "Banned" and has decided not to post here anymore.

Again.

citizensnips said:
Two users that have contributed 21,000+ posts together over 5 years get banned when new hosts take over, just a slight bit of change. Some nobs ay
I don't care who you are or how many posts you made if you've started personal attacks or abusing the site admins/owners you deserve to be banned.

I can't believe some of you are adult men the way you are whinging.

fair enough he wasn't banned, shame he's not posting though, guy taught me everything there was to making a knock off aussie lager.
and its not whinging, its whats commonly known as discussion
I can't be arsed with this thread anymore. Let this place roll on how it always has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back