Why has Nick JD got the arse?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Airgead said:
You don't. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

For your opinion to be respected however, some record of useful contribution does help.

Therefore the opinions of people who contribute a lot are respected more than the opinions of those who pop up every year or so to complain about how shit the place is now. Post count isn't necessarily a good indication or useful contributions though... just look at bum :ph34r:
I'm glad you added the last line Airgead, because I don't think that people who contribute a lot are necessarily any more respected than those who post infrequently...quality over quantity.

As an aside, who are these members who only post once a year? It shouldn't be too hard to find them though, they will have a post count under 10. :)

citizensnips said:
Two users that have contributed 21,000+ posts together over 5 years get banned when new hosts take over, just a slight bit of change. Some nobs ay
Not taking sides in any way here,but this is a bit of a dodgy argument.Just because Nick got banned shortly after AHB got new owners does not mean there's been some radical change in the modding due to the said new owners.I doubt very much they put out a fatwah on certain people.Although I had a couple of run ins with Nick,he certainly added some knowledge and character to AHB and I'll miss the bugga (is that word allowed now?)Folks like Bribie deciding not to participate anymore are a real loss,hope AHB doesn't lose more like him.

Maxt said:
As an aside, who are these members who only post once a year? It shouldn't be too hard to find them though, they will have a post count under 10. :)
I'm one of them :) Spend my time mostly reading and learning from others, mainly so's I don't have to ask oft repeated questions and piss people off.
Never made any complaints though :)

Edit: Oh looky - my 10th post.. and in only 7 years too.

pnorkle said:
I'm one of them :) Spend my time mostly reading and learning from others, mainly so's I don't have to ask oft repeated questions and piss people off.
Never made any complaints though :)

Edit: Oh looky - my 10th post.. and in only 7 years too.
Oh look you got your first "like". Congratulations. :D

Back on topic though, I can see that Nick had upset a few people, and there were a few times I thought he was pushing the boundaries a little, but I think it's a shame that we've lost a valuable resource. Although the guy liked to pull the piss a bit, he generally was of great help to a lot of people (esp noobs.) Having Bribie leave has also been a great loss - I miss his posts. Hopefully he'll have a change of heart & come back.

Well unless he's started face booking I'd be surprised if he's gone for too long. There needs to be an online outlet for his gripes about the nanny state and how shit was done back in his day.

jlm said:
Well unless he's started face booking I'd be surprised if he's gone for too long. There needs to be an online outlet for his gripes about the nanny state and how shit was done back in his day.
Twitter?

Bada Bing Brewery said:
Shhhh .... Otherwise 'He' who must not be named may find them
659 - nearly there
BBB
You forgot to sign off again. :)

6 posts to go but you need 19 likes. Hmmm, I might take a stroll through the archives.

You'll be here all night in tears .... some quality posts.
Nothing to do with brewing mind you but hey that was what Bribie was here for....
and again
BBB

Liam_snorkel said:
There are other beer forums, you know.
yep and some long standing ahb members have moved to them because of the snipeing,bullshit,and general nastyness posted by fellow ahb members. ..cheers...spog....

And it looks like the sniping followed them somehow?

Bada Bing Brewery said:
You'll be here all night in tears .... some quality posts.
Nothing to do with brewing mind you but hey that was what Bribie was here for....
and again
BBB
Nothing to do with brewing? Sounds like the majority of my posts. This place is gonna get awful quiet without the likes of Bribie and NickJD.

And please don't waste a post replying to this one. Let's make them count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back