Why has Nick JD got the arse?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spudfarmerboy

Reaction score
Just noticed that Nick JD has been banned. What have I missed?
Always seemed a reasonable poster to me, and would help out new brewers with good advice.
If Nick has got the flick, some of you other arse clowns might be on the way out too.
Vale Nick.

spudfarmerboy said:
Always seemed a reasonable poster to me
I'm not sure you know what that word means.

spudfarmerboy said:
If Nick has got the flick, some of you other arse clowns might be on the way out too.
Swearing in a thread questioning a moderation decision?

Buh-bye, pudpullingboy.

Many, many times but I don't think I said anything bad about him just now to make you say that?

He'd (possibly) be that last to say that he is always "reasonable".

I wonder what he will do with all the free time he has now? He was a posting machine, such speed and venom, always good for a shit-stir.
He might start homebrewing ....
BBB

Nick could be a total dick, but he also posted helpful info, which is more than can be said for many members. I appreciate the need for decorum, but in my years on the site I have certainly noticed an increased conservatism creeping in to moderation.

All he wanted was his own thread. He has now been honoured. Best jd quotes must surely follow. Much drinking. He shall grow not old.

I think he replied in a thread to a member with something that was far from reasonable and considering a particular members circumstances was in fact dangerous in my honest opinion. It may have been a throw away line, it may have been intentional, we will never know. His stovetop thread got many many members into AG which is a good thing. But he's gone the way of the Dodo. So sit back have a home brew and wind up me old mate Bum instead. At least he bites with wit and reason, all be it flawed, instead of vitriol.

Yeah got to say if nick wrote that and meant it in the way it came across he's a total twat

Rowy said:
I think he replied in a thread to a member with something that was far from reasonable and considering a particular members circumstances was in fact dangerous in my honest opinion. It may have been a throw away line, it may have been intentional, we will never know. His stovetop thread got many many members into AG which is a good thing. But he's gone the way of the Dodo. So sit back have a home brew and wind up me old mate Bum instead. At least he bites with wit and reason, all be it flawed, instead of vitriol.
I find myself agreeing with a lot of bums posts recently...that scares the shit out of me!

eddy22 said:
Yeah got to say if nick wrote that and meant it in the way it came across he's a total twat
'E was a twat, regardless. Came across as a good twat usually. I haven't read the offending whatever is referred to above though. I have a feeling I could've agreed with him so many times but then again he never approaches things the way others might. Shutting your trap isn't exactly all that bad.

eddy22 said:
'E was a twat, regardless. Came across as a good twat usually. I haven't read the offending whatever is referred to above though. I have a feeling I could've agreed with him so many times but then again he never approaches things the way others might. Shutting your trap isn't exactly all that bad.

I still don't think it's that post, it's still there after all.

I'm not at all questioning the decision of Nick's moderation here, but I feel a bit of transparency is required.

Forum members don't need to know the exact content of abusive PM's etc (if there was any), but having your membership revoked is pretty serious, therefore, it would be beneficial to all members if the grounds for that revocation was made known.

Cheers.

There's people here who know him at their local brew club. Someone will know soon enough.

I wouldn't pursue it here in the current environment.

What is the world coming too?

bum said:
There's people here who know him at their local brew club. Someone will know soon enough.I wouldn't pursue it here in the current environment.
What's the current environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back