Why Dont Hbs Owners Post?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincleanoff

Kings Cross Brewery
Reaction score
I know there is the occasional post, but I thought that with not much to do all day, the HBS owners would be sitting on the internet looking at AHB.com pushing their warez.

Why dont they?

not much to do all day?? Who wants to hear from failed hbs owners... the ones with useful advice etc are usually busy all hours of the day and night.

Not much to do all day? Are you serious captn? Not that I know the ins n outs of Craftbrewer but before it started off Ross was a regular poster on here and Grumpys (RIP). I learnt so much from his posts. They've just got better things to do mate.
Cheers
Steve

not much to do all day?? Who wants to hear from failed hbs owners... the ones with useful advice etc are usually busy all hours of the day and night.

Well said.Its dark outside and Im still at work cleaning out grain bins, kegging and doing stock inventory after doing marketing, serving, cleaning all day...also Im preparing for tomorrows basic beer brewing & kegging demo and getting ready for my scotch tasting night....NOT MUCH TO DO!

I get an instant email when new posts come up and thats about all I have time to read... so sorry to dissapoint..... :blink: If anyones interested come along to Enoggera Brewers Choice for the demo, it starts at 1pm. 394 Samford Rd. 3855 8800

Id normally post this in the RETAIL section. Cheers big ears.

Well said.Its dark outside and Im still at work cleaning out grain bins, kegging and doing stock inventory after doing marketing, serving, cleaning all day...also Im preparing for tomorrows basic beer brewing & kegging demo and getting ready for my scotch tasting night....NOT MUCH TO DO!

I get an instant email when new posts come up and thats about all I have time to read... so sorry to dissapoint..... :blink: If anyones interested come along to Enoggera Brewers Choice for the demo, it starts at 1pm. 394 Samford Rd. 3855 8800

Id normally post this in the RETAIL section. Cheers big ears.

C'mon Mel how hard is a .....

+1

Not answering on behalf of them, but based on some of the threads I've seen over the last few months I can probably understand why. If I post something the advice / opinion is my personal one. If a retailer posts everyone (including other retailers) seem to jump in and accuse them of pushing a product they sell. Once they're associated with a store / reseller it seems that nobody believes that their advice is impartial anymore.

Personally I judge the information based in it's merit, not who posted it. Good (and bad) advice can come from both retailers and general users, it's up to the reader to decide what they want to use.

Im preparing for tomorrows basic beer brewing & kegging demo and getting ready for my scotch tasting night....NOT MUCH TO DO!

Scotch Tasting Night ??

Now that I would like. After doing the Whisky Trail in Northern Scotland and the Ferryhill Tavern in Aberdeen that has 100+ Single Malts behind the bar..

Got caught out in Singapore Duty free and ended up getting 2 bottles of Irish Jamesons 12 year Special Reserve Whiskey incoming Brisbane. :icon_offtopic:

[begin rant]
To be honest, I don't want the retail people pushing their wares or offering advice if they have a hidden agenda.

Blokes like Ross (and I'm yet to purchase anything from him) who are genuine and offer unbiased and honest advice regardless of their day job are few and far between, and if anything draw more customers to his shop because there is no hidden agenda. Sure Reatailers should post their specials and discounts, that's a win\win situation, but retailers offering advice based on you comming to their particular shop to buy, in my opinion is not what AHB is about.
Business is business and is about profit and loss, and as long as you keep coming back, will tell you want you want to hear.

Blokes like BribieG, DrSmurto and Buttersd70, offer invaluable advice that you could never get from any retailer. They have no business to support and just share the years of experience they have behind them.
This to me, is better than any book or retailer advice.

If your a retailer, sign up and post about your experience in brewing, share your knowledge about homebrewing your beer. If you have a deal for the rest of us, bonus!, but keep business, business and home brewing home brewing.
[/end rant]

[Begin Disclaimer]
Not to disqualfy anything I have stated above, but i have been drinking steadily since 2:30pm.
It might not make 100% sence, but you get what i mean.
I love you all
Touch yourselves and think of me
[/end Disclaimer]

BeerFingers

[begin rant]
To be honest, I don't want the retail people pushing their wares or offering advice if they have a hidden agenda.

BeerFingers

There are quite a few retailers who post here to AHB without (obviously) disclosing their retail status. They are beer lovers and brewers just like the rest of us and enjoy the forum for what it is.

There are an awful lot of LHBS people out there who don't know AHB exists and are missing out on using AHB as a information source. This is obvious with some of the quite crap advice I have heard from some LHBS proprietors and staff.

There are a number of people who post here on AHB with hidden agendas that are not LHBS proprietors.

The simple thing to remember is just cos someone says something here on the forum, it does not make it right.

[Begin Disclaimer]
Not to disqualfy anything I have stated above, but i have been drinking steadily since 2:30pm.
I love you all
[/end Disclaimer]

BeerFingers

Surely theres a place for that in the funniest post thread. Thats a corker! :lol:

Cheers
Steve

P.S. Oh and sence had two s's. No c

They just want your money without disclaimers about their advice or legitamacy of their products ;)

[begin rant]

Blokes like Ross (and I'm yet to purchase anything from him) who are genuine and offer unbiased and honest advice regardless of their day job are few and far between, and if anything draw more customers to his shop because there is no hidden agenda. Sure Reatailers should post their specials and discounts, that's a win\win situation, but retailers offering advice based on you comming to their particular shop to buy, in my opinion is not what AHB is about.
Business is business and is about profit and loss, and as long as you keep coming back, will tell you want you want to hear.

Blokes like BribieG, DrSmurto and Buttersd70, offer invaluable advice that you could never get from any retailer. They have no business to support and just share the years of experience they have behind them.
This to me, is better than any book or retailer advice.

If your a retailer, sign up and post about your experience in brewing, share your knowledge about homebrewing your beer. If you have a deal for the rest of us, bonus!, but keep business, business and home brewing home brewing.
[/end rant]

[Begin Disclaimer]
I love you all
[/end Disclaimer]

BeerFingers

He is feeling the love :icon_cheers:

What I really want to know,is he still feeling the love 7.5 hrs later :icon_vomit:

This thread has been moved to the "Off Topic" forum.
As stated in the retail forum description: "Commerical & Home retailers are to use this forum to post threads about products and ingredients you are selling"

This thread has been moved to the "Off Topic" forum.
As stated in the retail forum description: "Commerical & Home retailers are to use this forum to post threads about products and ingredients you are selling"

Looks like I posted at the same time Andrew as things went wobbley. :icon_cheers:

TP

He is feeling the love :icon_cheers:

What I really want to know,is he still feeling the love 7.5 hrs later :icon_vomit:

8:15am....feeling a little rough....but nothing that a couple of beroccas, a couple of panadol a liter of water and a hairy dog wont fix.

It is bottle, rack and brew day after all :icon_chickcheers:

I should be banned from computers when I'm pished!

BF

So glad you all got to have a chat and yes a bit off topic there for a while.

Todays demo was a huge succes with many rosy cheeks and re-enthused H.Bs braving the weather to go home & crack out the fermenters again...

Id agree with prior comments, Im quite wary of posting for fear of being accused of selling online, we have a webshop for that. I simply use the reatil section to see whats happnen and to post up for my demos, which are free by the way, to help people keep enthused about thier new hobby and not scared of trying new things.

I refer peope here (AHB) all the time too.

Im guessing the whole point of the original discussion was that there is a need to have more help online for brewers from HBS owners and managers like myself, unfortunately in a retail store theres not much time for this. I dont know how Ross does it, he is indeed superhuman!! He also has more staff than me...

Im sure you'll find HBS's are trying very hard to be helpful, hence instore demonstrations & such...but for the tech stuff you guys are invaluable members of the brewing community and I cant wait to meet you and share my A.G's with you at the next BABBs meeting. :D

Tallyho, Im off for a Dunkel...Moo

People push their wares not because they necissarily want you to buy it - but often because they are excited about it. Isn't that a good thing to see? retaillers excited about products they sell.
Whilst there are some retailers who will blatantly come onto a site such as this and start pedalling their wares there are many retailers who will join such a site only to be accused that they are advertising because they are excited by a product they sell. They loose interest because they find that every time they make a post people accuse them of trying to make a sale.

Think of it like this - if a retailer is selling a product they don't trust, believe in, like or understand then why would any of us buy it - why would they sell it.
On the other hand if a retailer has a product that they love that works that they think can save people money, time, effort and produce an excellent quality product then they will be bound to be excited and bound to want to share their experiances with other brewers. But this comes across to all of us cynics as some one pedalling there wares with no regard to passing on advice just making a sale.

So unless you can COMPLETELY seperate the two why would you as a HBS owner get onto a forum in your spare time only to be accused of trying to make an easy sale every time you make a post.

I'm sure there are a lot of HBS "LURKERS" who just lay low and read the post and take on suggestions to help their local clientel - this helps their business and avoids all the bulldust that comes with being a retailer on such a site.

Then of course there are some HBS owners who have purely lost the passion and now the HBS is just an income - so they naturally arent going to post.

Latest posts

Back