Why Are Australian Suppliers So Expensive Compare To Usa?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are all staffed with free robots who require no wages, free buildings and utilities, they pay no benefits to their robots and of course the USA has no company tax? You think the people who are employed by an American HBS are paid less than an Australian one?
Jesus Nick, have some respect. Calling Mexicans robots is just bad form. You have stooped to a new low. They are people, and they have names.

re: OP. Aren't Soda kegs made in the USA, and presumably the fittings are also made for the American market?

Whatever the weather, doesn't seem worth anyone getting angry about, go kick a banker if you want to be angry.

Me and Jesus used to work for cash, on a dump truck picking up the white trash.

1stum%20i%20gave%20my%20love%20to%20jesus%20and%20now%20he%20never%20cals.jpg

And the American retailers don't pay these things. They are all staffed with free robots who require no wages, free buildings and utilities, they pay no benefits to their robots and of course the USA has no company tax? You think the people who are employed by an American HBS are paid less than an Australian one? Think again. Is rent cheaper there? Think again. Do your employees in USA want benefits? Yes. Are your utilities in the middle of winter cheaper there? No.

Yes, they pay import duties - and this is responsible for the fact that a pound of hops that went from NZ to America is 1/4 the price of the same hops that just hopped the Tasman? I'm finding your ignorance ammusing. Perhaps look up some trade agreement stuff and become smarter. GST is 10%, price difference with all that shipping: 75%.

I'd say you are the person who's being simplistic and unintelligent. Aussie retailers are ripping you off. They are not ripping me off, because I buy from these American robot factories where everything is free and they can charge much less.

But I suppose I do need to thank you for propping up the LHBS and keeping them in business for when I need something locally.

Attempting to shape international (e) commerce with your little wallet is futile but also a little cute :wub: .

And the American retailers don't pay these things.

Of course they do (at a rate that is much less that what is added on here) and that is factored in to the price they sell for. Then those products are freighted 1/2 way around the world and have to get marked up to suppport the australian way of life.
Mate, you are the same guy telling guys in the industry how you can make shit tins from brew pubs and dissing them when they don't agree with you. Stick to stove top aussie lagers, it's what you are good at.

BTW, I don't recall saying I only buy LHBS and if you can show me one rich LHBS owner, I'll take it all back.

For Warranty if you use Price USA you get your items registered by the USA office to process all your warranties, repairs and exchanges through them.

That leaves the shipping costs. For 20% charge on the value of the original shipping to Australia you have your return shipping taken care of so buy, swap/exchange, repair just like you were living local in the USA.

Or simply buy 3 or 4 of the same item since you get that many for the cost of just 1 in Australia and handle spares yourself or on sell the spares later on if thats your desire.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Stick to stove top aussie lagers, it's what you are good at.

I am good at that, aren't I. :D

And next time I'm at Craftbrewer, I'm going to give Ross a $10 donation from you to help pay for his next meal. ;)

I am good at that, aren't I. :D

And next time I'm at Craftbrewer, I'm going to give Ross a $10 donation from you to help pay for his next meal. ;)

bugger that, tell him it is for a 90g of simcoe for me !

If you can buy 400G of simcoe for $10 then you better PM me. ;)

I bought 55kg of it last year. I've sold most of it (and most of the other half a tonne) but only have to sell three more 90g packs to pay off my new BMW. ;) :D

Joking - I couldn't afford to pay all the mexicans.

Seems to be a real shortage of Simcoe, cheapest is $25 a pound for old crap from Czech Rep.

How about a free pound of Galena? :huh:

I know a LHB owner who charges pretty high prices. He basically doubles his cost prices when he puts things on the shelf. He also buys bulk items like iosan and Pink detergent and more than doubles his cost price. He is not very highly regarded by the members of the local home brew club, because they can get everything cheaper on the net and from overseas.

I know how much money he makes per year, and it's BELOW the national average, and he works pretty damned hard for it. He also has to deal with liquid yeasts going out of date, Hops going out of date (he has LOTS of Kilos of US and UK hops in his freezer) and even brew kits going out of date. He LOSES money on these things. He also has to pay about $2500 per month in rent. DO you have ANY idea how many packets of hops or vials of yeast it takes, even at double the cost price to pay that rent? A HELL of lot mate.. a HELL of a lot. Yeah he's making a living, but not a great one and he's the ONLY guy in town that sells grain, fresh hops, C02 etc. And he's just getting by. If he tried to compete with Coles, Woolies or the other "Brew SHops" in town he would have to go out of business. I just wish some of the home brew club members would support him.. but no, not really.

So, if you want the BEST prices, buy everything from overseas... just remember, that will be your only option one day when the locals all go bust by trying to pay their rent and make a lot less than you do....

Last time I bought hops from USA, they cost more to ship than the hops cost....

And the CB fanboys come out of the woodwork :D

Prior to CB, ALL HB products in Australia were CHEAPER than in the US.
gf

Latest posts

Back