White Rabbit White Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the bar too, Thirsty, but at the moment yes it is closed.

As for a brewery built to brew just one beer, yes it was. Now that it's built, were brewing another. If it was up to me, I'd brew more :)

Is that due to Giant Steps being so close and also trying to keep the brewery sealed for the open fermentation?

More Kai! More!! Both beers are fantastic mate. Keep up the good work.

Is that due to Giant Steps being so close and also trying to keep the brewery sealed for the open fermentation?

Not at all. The open fermenters are in a pressure-positive room with HEPA filtered sterile air pumped in.

Just because I love looking at this stuff; here's a photo of a rolling ferment, looking through the window of the fermentation room:

ferment_window.jpg

I have a bottle of WR White Ale sitting in my fridge (in Brisbane). It was given to me by a friend on the weekend and they would not disclose where they got it. I was astounded when I saw it, having not heard anything about its production. Now that I have confirmed it is indeed an honour to have a bottle of it in my keep, I will put aside a special time to sit, enjoy and rate. :icon_cheers: Really looking forward to it.

Cheers

Ebo

i went down to my sisters a few months back and went out to a pub in melb.. Walked in a saw "white rabbit" on tap and thought tops! got a pot and loved!! it...

Since I didn't go up and buy it myself i never knew what it was, I have been looking for this beer ever since..

good good drop.. loved it!

I think the platform bar in bris may have this on tap soon, I heard they have a keg. Or could be on now. They have white rabbit on tap but I think it is the dark.

I managed to get a sample of this drop at a beer tasting at Nectar the other night. Very tasty drop. I was expecting something like a wit beer based on it being called a 'white ale' but it was too fruity without the usual wit yeast flavours.

Not at all. The open fermenters are in a pressure-positive room with HEPA filtered sterile air pumped in.

Just because I love looking at this stuff; here's a photo of a rolling ferment, looking through the window of the fermentation room:

Looks so brilliant. I'd almost call that closed fermentation though!

Doesn't look so much closed when you're in there cropping yeast with a giant teaspoon!

Dropped in to White Rabbit on the way back from the Beer Awards. The White Ale was being bottled (on a Saturday!) to keep up with demand or it and the Dark.
I have it on good authority that the beer contains juniper berries. I could taste it, the flavour is quite subtle and I think it compliments hope fruit flavours nicely.
Also, because of the open fermentation they have to use the same yeast as the Dark. I'm sure they would like to use a Belgian Wit yeast but judging but the comments people seem to like the point of difference.

I think it's a great session beer.

Think I might need to swing by healesville sooner rather than later... this white ale sounds right up my alley.

Had it on tap at Platform bar yesterday.

Although it's comparing chalk and cheese, I'm not as impressed by what they've managed to do with their white as what they did with their dark.

I had a sample at the Beer & Brewer Expo and it was of my favourite beers (the other was the Feral Hop Hog).

I liked lots about this beer - the guys are producing beer with amazing balance, good complexity (beside the juniper the hint of honey was very deftly done I thought) and great drinkability.

A big thumbs up from me.

Keith

To anyone living in the Albury/Wodonga area, White Rabbit dark ale is on tap at the Z bar :wub: Absolutely world class and very addictive stuff :)

Picked up a six pack of the white ale from local bottleshop last night. Nice, very different to the dark, seemed more a summer beer. (might have to sample some more to be sure)
Also heard through the grapevine that little creatures is bringing out a liquorice stout. So have to keep an eye out for that. Hope it's not in the middle of summer.

Picked up a six pack of the white ale from local bottleshop last night. Nice, very different to the dark, seemed more a summer beer. (might have to sample some more to be sure)
Also heard through the grapevine that little creatures is bringing out a liquorice stout. So have to keep an eye out for that. Hope it's not in the middle of summer.

hey,

where is your local? I didn't realise they had started bottling this beer.

I'm assuming it hasn't reached Sydney yet - will be interesting to try this beer.

i tried the dark ale up on the sunshine coast when i was there a few weeks ago..the white ale sounds interesting..sounds like drive to the brewery is on the agenda

hey,

where is your local? I didn't realise they had started bottling this beer.

I'm assuming it hasn't reached Sydney yet - will be interesting to try this beer.
The bottleshop is in Northcote (St Georges rd)
Anyone thinking of heading down best be quick as the guy was telling me they're walking out the door, and now i've posted this i'm sure they'll start walking faster. Although i'm tipping a few others have recieved stock.
Sydney might take a little longer, but it'll be across the border before too long.

To anyone living in the Albury/Wodonga area, White Rabbit dark ale is on tap at the Z bar :wub: Absolutely world class and very addictive stuff :)

I agree!!

Tasted so good on tap there last week!

The menu said White Rabbit Pale Ale, though.

I tried the white ale last week. Im much more of a dark beer man so i wasnt realy expecting to love this beer but was keen to try it none the less.
It was a very pale yellow. white ale seems an appropriate name. Perhaps its just my pallate, but i found it very light, id hesitate to say almost tasteless.
not much bitteness and a strange fruity finish. For me it seemed very much a beer for people who dont like beer. Though i could imagine drinking
it with a steamed or BBQ fish outdoors in the summer. As a lover of the WR dark ale and local beers generally, i was hoping for something more from
the white ale. ill probably buy it again when the weather warms up to give it another go, but for now it left me unimpressed.

Back