White Rabbit White Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Howard

Reaction score
Hit up Little Creatures Dining Hall tonight and was surprised to find a new White Rabbit beer on tap.

The White Ale has a very similar appearance to Hoegaarden but is devoid of any zany belgian yeast flavours.

I found it crisp and utterly delectable. Could easily be a BIG session beer but has enough character to leave you satisfied after only one pot.

keen to sample this one, if its half as good as the Dark Ale i'll be happy :)

The dark ale was very nice, just not the 23$ a 6 pack.

Way less than 23 at my local. I'll check next time I'm up that way (they do sell chimay for 7.50 so their prices are pretty damn good).

Look forward to trying the new one.

Hit up Little Creatures Dining Hall tonight and was surprised to find a new White Rabbit beer on tap.

The White Ale has a very similar appearance to Hoegaarden but is devoid of any zany belgian yeast flavours.

I found it crisp and utterly delectable. Could easily be a BIG session beer but has enough character to leave you satisfied after only one pot.

I am assuming this is a one off batch on tap only.

I have 2 bottles in the cool room waiting for me.

Certainly not a once-off, the LC Dining Hall was just lucky enough to get a sneak preview...

It's fantastic Kai.

I tried to buy a bottle from LCDH and they said it was promo bottles only, no way.

Definitely a great follow up to the Dark.

In other news, went back today. Stone and Wood Draught = fantastic. Surprisingly similar to LC's Special Bitter but fruity, passionfruit so I'm thinking Galaxy at mid-boil. Lovely beer.

Certainly not a once-off, the LC Dining Hall was just lucky enough to get a sneak preview...

Looks like ive got to bypass the LCDH one night after work!?!? any other locals got their hands on it Kai?

In other news, went back today. Stone and Wood Draught = fantastic. Surprisingly similar to LC's Special Bitter but fruity, passionfruit so I'm thinking Galaxy at mid-boil. Lovely beer.

It's Galaxy all right.

I really like this beer.

It's Galaxy all right.

I really like this beer.

It is one of the few beers with Galaxy that I feel utilises it best. Such a great full fruit flavour without the immense aroma that some beers have, Jamieson Pale Ale in particular. It makes it much more sessionable.

Looks like ive got to bypass the LCDH one night after work!?!? any other locals got their hands on it Kai?

Yes indeed. Very good drop. Talked two dudes who were dead set on drinking Bright Ale (seemed like it was the only beer they'd ever drink) into trying it and they loved it!

To be honest, I don't know. I've had the last week off work for my honeymoon so I've been a little bit, well, distracted.

If any other local venues have it at the moment, it would still be a fairly limited release. Either that or I'm going to be bloody busy next week!

yep had this at LCDH about 2 weeks ago. stunning beer i thought. biggup WR crew, i reckon it will sell shitloads.

I suppose I will need to wait for a bottle to hop into a Sydney store.... It seems all the good beers are on tap in Victoria or Western Australia :(

I'm surprised there is no information on the White Rabbit on the brewery website or Little Creatures Site.

The Wheatsheaf Hotel in Thebarton, SA will be cracking a keg of this on Friday the 21st of May at 5pm... according to their email.

We are just waiting for our kegs to arrive! Booyahh!

well - I know what I might do when I wander out of the house this afternoon... saunter down to the LCDH and see if they have this on tap atm.

Kai - what happened to the whole "just one beer" thing that WR was going with? You guys get bored? Not that I am complaining. I also heard tell that the hospitality/bar part of White Rabbit has/is going to shut down. Tell me it isn't so, I liked that bar.

TB

I liked the bar too, Thirsty, but at the moment yes it is closed.

As for a brewery built to brew just one beer, yes it was. Now that it's built, were brewing another. If it was up to me, I'd brew more :)

Latest posts

Back