White Rabbit Brewery, Healesville.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they said on one of their Twitter Tweets that the website isn't running yet. Not sure when it will be up. They have a lot on at the moment so I am sure they will get it up when they can.

Cheers
Ben

WhiteRabbit isn't listed with a phone number anywhere. Not in whitepages online, not in a google search, nada.

All I can find from DFSFFS is http://twitter.com/WhiteRabbitBeer and this says nothing about trading hours.

I think they said on one of their Twitter Tweets that the website isn't running yet. Not sure when it will be up. They have a lot on at the moment so I am sure they will get it up when they can.

Cheers
Ben

but havent they seen the yellow pages ads? Jan wont be happy.
website is the way to go, but if there's nothing else out there or slightly obscure it will hurt business.

Gave this a go Friday night and really impressed with their set-up. The drinking space feels nice and cosy, and the brewery wraps right around the central area giving it a good vibe despite having such a huge space.

The bling didn't disappoint either. Being able to view the open top fermentation on a LCD screen is quite a novelty - the guys have a special room set up to keep the area around the top fermenter sanitary and the guys told me they pipe in sanitised air and have a special lid to close it off when someone enters the room. Never seen anything quite like it.

Is a bit of a trip out of Melbourne to try just one beer - The White Rabbit is all they have on tap currently along with Little Creatures Rogers, but the start-up beer is nice enough. If you're a LC fan it is very much in the Little Creatures zone hop profile wise. Tastes like a Little Creatures Pale with some dark crystal added - but that's me taking a stab in the dark. Looks deep brown and coppery in the glass but tastes quite light.

Cheers & Beers, :icon_cheers:

Hopper.

Interesting how Phil gave up on the Yorkshire squares after the doubts expressed by some at the home brew conference this year about keeping them clean with all those corners, good to see they stuck with the open fermenters though.

great looking website.

keeping in mind that the website will no doubt be built on as time goes by, my only suggestions would be
- more brewery pics - nah make people come out and see the brewery.
- a bit more info on the actual beer. more of a 'tasting' guide than the normal marketing lines.
- the image of the chair and the deck is awsome. very inviting.
- do you guys do food? if so you should make a mention of it on the site.
- also mention if you do coffee. at least the blokes can try and keep their ladies happy with a latte or cappicinno whilst they indulge in your beer
- open fermentation is obviously a selling/marketing point. more info on the process could catch people attention. whether is be a seperate page or sub page.

I must get out there soon to have a try.

if the beers anygood we could be in trouble getting back! sounds like a bloody good idea to me.

Obviously they only have one beer brewing at the moment. Is the idea to incease the range slowly over a period of time after trial or will they have just one beer at one time and possibly change it seasonally?

Can't wait to try it!!!

Unfortunetly have no idea what style of beer or what to expect.... apart from it must be fairly decent coming from the creatures.

Interesting point beer007,

When you go to the brewery they have their taps mounted in the wall behind the bar in a plate of metal and it only allows for 3 beers (three taps). I guess they can always drill more holes but it appears that these guys are going to keep it simple with the 3 in the short term at least. Currently it's just White Rabbit & Rogers (from Little Creatures). They do sell pipsqueak in bottles there, so that might be what's on the third tap now (taps didn't have tapheads on 'em).

Not sure if they have any other fermenters other than the open one, but I guess they are limited to how many they can have going at one time, making it small scale for now.

I guess when you look at what Mountain Goat did, they started with one signature beer (the Hightail Ale) and went from there. Figure these guys will do the same their 'White Rabbit'. But will be interesting to see what happens here.

Hopper.

Question for the Mexicans;
How good/bad/non existent is the public transport from Melbourne to Healesville? (and yes, Google used to be my friend).

well i guess there might be a bus.... from lyldale station. but thats a guess. best bet would be to hook up with a fellow brewer/beer nerd and head out there i guess

For those inquiring about the range, they only plan to have one beer, and to do that one beer to sheer excellence. There is however, the possibility that that one beer might be augmented for special occasions or once off brews in the future, but as far as plans to expand the range - forget it!! I like this idea. I look forward to seeing how great a beer these two beer nerds can craft!

Has anyone cloned it yet? Does anyone that has tasted it want to offer some clues? Can we have any hints Kai/Dig?

Question for the Mexicans;
How good/bad/non existent is the public transport from Melbourne to Healesville? (and yes, Google used to be my friend).

Hey Ian,

When Scare and I went up there to check the place out we found the best bet was to hire a car for the day.

Rob.

Are you saying you cant get a TRAM... I was amazed at how far they went out... What a COOL city... we will return, so KIA get brewing... want more then one beer when we return... :icon_chickcheers:

Hi Folks

Just to clarify a few things:

*You can't get a tram to Healesville. Catch the train to Lilydale and then take the bus. Bus goes past Coldstream brewery too.
*Yep, beer friendly food. And very good coffee. This should be on the web page soon.
*One beer; a dark ale but of no particular style. Genuine top fermented, top-cropped ale. A bit hoppy, a bit estery, a bit malty. Might do a 'venue only' summer ale later in the year.
*We never planned to brew into open squares. I ordered the open 'rounds' from Germany nearly 15 months ago. They were in place before Phil spoke at the conference.
*The rumour is correct, Kai has cut off his mullet.

lunchSmall.jpg

I was joking about the tram....

but that picture looks YUMMY!!!!!

what a pic Dig. that should make it to the website.

Maple we r definitely heading up there for a taste test. Im also going to have to suggest to the missus that we take the kids to healsville sanctury and then take a slight detour via whiterabbit on the way home.

Back