Where to go? In Canberra.....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I just say i went to plonk and holy shit...
Miraculously found a park with my brother in law. Was walking in observing how my jeans weren't as expensive as anyone else's and suddenly "sir, would you like to sample some beers?"
"You're reading my mind my man, why not?"
"Today's specialty is red ales, we have 5 from around the world..."
5 samples later I am astounded at the differences between them. On sample 4 a weathered looking old bloke with a Santa beard walks up. The servant says "afternoon Jim, up for a sample are we?" We polish off the last 2 and after the banter Jim says " it's a great bottle shop this, the best range of beers in Australia".
"No need to sell it to me" I said, "that's why I'm here" and I proceeded in to punish my wallet. An incredibly good selection and the prices on the common stuff wasn't inflated. Strongly recommended.

Eagleburger said:
North on the Federal, follow north onto Hume and dont stop for at least three hours.
my favourite place in canberra in the 80s were the queanbeyan train station so i could escape to sydney for the weekend. that were when i were young and single and canberra were built for methodist families. i wound up there for a few days last year, for the first time since, and thoroughly loved it. dunno if canberra's changed or i've gotten old.
well - obviously - canberra must have changed.

TheWiggman said:
Can I just say i went to plonk and holy shit...
Miraculously found a park with my brother in law. Was walking in observing how my jeans weren't as expensive as anyone else's and suddenly "sir, would you like to sample some beers?"
"You're reading my mind my man, why not?"
"Today's specialty is red ales, we have 5 from around the world..."
5 samples later I am astounded at the differences between them. On sample 4 a weathered looking old bloke with a Santa beard walks up. The servant says "afternoon Jim, up for a sample are we?" We polish off the last 2 and after the banter Jim says " it's a great bottle shop this, the best range of beers in Australia".
"No need to sell it to me" I said, "that's why I'm here" and I proceeded in to punish my wallet. An incredibly good selection and the prices on the common stuff wasn't inflated. Strongly recommended.
In my own case I was able to wander the markets where I picked up a nice snifter from the op shop, then met my family outside plonk with some Turkish themed food and a Franziskaner .
Amazingly there were others sitting around us also enjoying a few drinks yet nobody got stabbed or violently assaulted and the police weren't summoned.
Maby theres merit to treating grown ups like grown ups.

Latest posts

Back