Where to get a cube N.Z.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick667

Reaction score
Hi folks,
does anyone know where I can get a flexable cube in Auckland N.Z..
I am a relative beginner as far as all grain goes but I am getting some good results without cooling the wort. I would just like to keep the wort a bit safer from infection while it is cooling and who better to ask than an Aussie.
Thanks.

Plenty of Kiwis lurking around this aussie site. I have some from Rotoform, near airport, which have been good. Nice and solid, food grade and will stretch if required (mine stretched nicely when I used them for secondary fermentation once without airlocks and lid on a bit tight!! They do cash sales (or atleast did). Generally cheaper than buying retail.

54 Ascot Rd, Mangere 2022
09-275 2144

Cheers

Supacheap auto sell food safe 20l water jerries. They do the job nicely.

Thanks guys, I guess these are quite solid containers and only 20 lts. How do you use these things then?
If say I am brewing 23-25 lts do I just top up with pre boiled water before pitching and do you fill these containers right to the brim and then cap? Do thy suck any air?
It is just that I found a youtube biab clip by an Aussie and his wife??? using a flexible (soft) plastic container. When the wife had finished mashing and hopping they just opened a tap and filled the 'cube'. Once full they pressed down on it until the wort started to overflow and then capped it. No air. Then turned it over still very hot so the capped opening was at the bottom under water so to speak.

Latest posts

Back