Where to drink in the Gold Coast.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownsworthy

Reaction score
I'm heading up to the Gold Coast tonight and heading back on Saturday just wondering if there are any decent bars around worth dropping in to.

I'll be staying in Broadbeach.

hey mate,

We have a few good places now.

In Broadbeach itself, the Loose Moose is a new place with quite a few craft beers on tap and in bottles.

Further South (literally 5 - 10min cab/uber) in Nobbys Beach we have Bine Dining and Bar - these guys do a 4 - 6pm happy hour with all tap beers $5 and $0.50c Chicken Wings. 8 taps with rotating craft beers.

Surfers Paradise has a couple of cool places - I recommend either House of Brews (30 odd craft taps!!) or for something different, Taps, which is a place that you can pour your own beers and play some board games (or ping pong). They also have 8 taps that change regularly. Another good one in Surfers is the Surfers Sandbar - lots of different craft beers on tap and often a few imported from America too.

If you're inclined to check out some breweries, we have Black Hops in Miami/Burleigh, Burleigh Brewing in.... and further South we have Balter.

Hope that helps.

And if you find yourself in Burleigh there is also Ze Pickel
Yes, there is Ze Pickle. Brilliant food but I ain't that keen on paying $11 - $12 for a beer!

Haha yeah, not the most cost effective joint.
That happy hour at Bine sounds tops! I'm also down that way this weekend, will sus it out

Haha yeah, not the most cost effective joint.
That happy hour at Bine sounds tops! I'm also down that way this weekend, will sus it out
Mate, it's epic - it's my go to for sure. The wings are incredible and they normally have some really good beers on tap. A few weeks ago they had a Murrays tap take-over and still kept the happy hour prices the same. Not many places doing 2 hour happys either!

should take the sting out of having to sell my Zwanze ticket :chug:

Bine had a couple of Parrotdog beers on tap last I was thar

OP won't be still on the coast on Sunday but House of Brews seem to have happy hour all day Sunday but it only applies to a couple of selected beers - probably what they're trying to clear so they can tap something else.

earle said:
OP won't be still on the coast on Sunday but House of Brews seem to have happy hour all day Sunday but it only applies to a couple of selected beers - probably what they're trying to clear so they can tap something else.
I was there last Sunday and it was only one beer on special for $5... Can't even remember what it was, as they have Pirate Life PA on tap and I had tunnel vision for it.

Good thread. My girlfriend currently lives on the GC so I'm down there about half of my weekends, might have to check out some of these places. She loves American pale ales.

The two times I visited QLD the Nobbys Bar was the one, great location, top beer and at good prices. People/staff friendly.

don't miss going to Lester & Earl in palm beach, one of the best of the lot , over the bike shop in Palmy

Back