When to bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeymagik

Reaction score
I've got a batch due to bottle. Seems like it stopped fermenting two days ago.

We've got a few 40 degree plus days forcast for the next week. Am I best bottling now? Or just leave it the fermenter for another few days?

Bit concerned if I bottle now I might get some exploding bottles in this heat.

If it has only just finished then you would want to leave it a week still before bottling. If you think temp will be an issue get some frozen water bottles and a fan aimed at a wet towel over that bad boy to hold it as low as possible until you can hook into a fridge/temp control set up for future brews.

The hydrometer reading is at 1.012 and been that for a few days now.

Think I will just leave it for another week. It's in a fairly stable spot that doesn't fluctuate in temp too much... but a couple days above 40 will change that.

monkeymagik said:
The hydrometer reading is at 1.012 and been that for a few days now.

Think I will just leave it for another week. It's in a fairly stable spot that doesn't fluctuate in temp too much... but a couple days above 40 will change that.
What was you're recipe? That will give an idea if your current gravity is where it will stay.

At 1012 is suspect it is done, but more information will help.

If you're worried about the heat wrap the fermenter in a wet towel with some ice bricks around it and aim a fan at it. Works a treat.

JD

Back