When The Beer Runs Out What Do You Drink

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Bad planning left me with no beer for two weeks after i drank every odd beer i could find .

i turned to a 'Whisky and Pepsi Max' and a Brandy and Pepsi Max'

Whats you alternate drink ???

pumpy

If I'm out of homebrew, it's quality small-batch commercial beer.

Other tipples include red wine (pinot, cabernet, shiraz), dry whites (sauv blanc) and quality port.

It's rare I'm out of beer though!

The Neighbors Beer- you now how it is in my street pumpy

Bundy rum, a little red p'raps, quality commercial beer, then failing all that, ANYTHING!

I've become a big fan of Amsterdam Mariner as a "holdover" beer...at $30 a case if beats the pants off some of the nastier stuff you might be coming near $40 to pay for :blink:

Plus, no preservatives, no hangover :D

If there is spare money I'll spend more, but this is the best budget beer ever!

PZ.

Soft drink, cordial, raid the liquor cabinet, go the no-brew option (with Kozel pils or Kozel Dark).
Go on the bludge at other brewer's houses.

Seriously, you've never been to my place, but anyone who has visited me will tell you that it's unlikely I'll run out of beer. What sort of loony would ever do that?
Oops, sorry. :blink:

I usually slow down if I get near the bottom of the supply or buy the aforementioned commercials, or try something new (but not 2E'sNew, forshocksake!~!)

I suppose that I could always drink my yeast cultures, though... :eek:

Seth out :p

P.S. Pumpy, better planning is required... ;)

emu export as the best of the worst (budget style)

redback as my on-tap preference.

if i can afford it, i always look at the beer fridge at the local bottlo and look for something i haven't tried yet or can't remember how it tastes.

Thats easy since ive moved West.Little Creatures Pale Ale even though it does damage the wallet.Also sooo many micros over here to visit. :rolleyes: :chug:

Cheers
Big D

I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly!

If its cheap'n'nasty it gets mixed with cola, otherwise straight with maybe a little ice.

mariner or the lcpa.

i thought u lived close to linz pumpy ??

Amsterdam Mariner (ol'nasty) and as a staple Coopers (any of)

Haven't had time to brew since second son was born - the 'Pool room' of shelved home brew is depleting.

The honied beers have come out very nice, will drink the ESB bavarians young (not bad but better fresh)

I will run out this week. First time since I started brewing 1 years ago. It will be two weeks before I have my current brew carbonated and ready to drink. I am considering going dry for two weeks but I dont like my chances. I have a few dozen bottles of plum wine under the house.

I haven't run out for a while now, although I was dangerously close this xmas.
But when I feel like something different, it's scotch or cointreau on ice, red or white wine, port, and when in Thailand... Mai Tai's! B)

I busted myself drinking out of the fermenter last night...... :ph34r:

Also like wine if there is any in the house.

No longer have spirits in the house for rather obvious reasons B)

Another vote for Amsterdam Mariner - $30 a case :beerbang:
Cheers
Steve

I busted myself drinking out of the fermenter last night...... :ph34r:
Also like wine if there is any in the house.

No longer have spirits in the house for rather obvious reasons B)

I hear you Ducati

With all this hot weather, combined with daylight saving , a quite beer on the verandah after work quickly turns into a 4 hour session followed by chilled Riesling over dinner and then...... the Demon starts whispering in your head " I'd love a ( insert favorite spirit here )". You Know you've got a big day tomorrow but.. (insert drunken excuse here ). Still more the demon gets you to pour another ( Insert reasons as to why the boss is a pain in the ass anyway). Have another, they're only half nips anyway(insert reasons as to why the wife is yelling at you to turn Steve Earle down at 1am and go to bed.) .........
6am, alarm screaming, wife going off ( or is that wife screaming and alarm going off ? ) :D
That sickly sweaty feeling again....and its only Tuesday !

Spirit Free Zone

Redgums

Why have so many people answered with "beer"? :ph34r:

When the BEER RUNS OUT what do you drink? :blink:

Decent red wine shiraz or cabernot merlo or benjamin port.

Otherwise I'll go thirsty.

I guess I must be alone in this... I tend to drink only for the taste of it - in fact I absolutely HATE being pissed! Therefore, if I run out of beer, I just don't bother drinking at all. As it stands, I have tasted almost every commercially available import I can find over the years (Jan Hertog is fan-bloody-tastic), so I rarely even bother hitting the bottlo anymore, either.

Lacto

Back