When In New York...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remi

Reaction score
Having just returned from some time in New York- I thought I'd share a couple of great beer places that you must check out if you are ever there...

Firstly- Blind Tiger: 281 Bleeker St, New York.
The night I was there, they had over 30 beers on tap- the vast majority being craft beer from the US, Belgium, and an amazing IPA from Norway...
Tiger.jpeg

Second- Gingerman: 11 East 36th Street, New York
This is a picture of the menu for the night I was there- over 70 beers on tap. They had a Green Flash Hop Head Red Ale on gravity cask- oh my god it was good.
Gin.jpeg
And this is half of the taps:
Gingerman.jpeg

Third- Bierkraft: 191 5th Avenue, Brooklyn
These guys have a rotating line-up of 10 or so taps, featuring various American, and some British craft beers. They had 3 beer engines going when I was there. You can get a 'Growler', which is the equivalent of 4 pints, to take home (filled with a counterpressure filler) for about US$10, and they have great sandwiches. This is a picture of a growler.
biercraft.jpeg

Last- the Oyster Bar under Grand Central Station- also have a great range of beers, but the oysters are simply amazing...
oyster.jpeg

Hope someone finds this useful if ever in New York.

Remi

Yep, looks fantastic but makes me want to cry. Bet you had fun in NY, remi. Any other favourites from those?

I am crying.

Brisbane is so shithouse.

Yep, looks fantastic but makes me want to cry. Bet you had fun in NY, remi. Any other favourites from those?

You know- the crazy thing is, even the very mainstream bar covered with neon signs and advertising just around the corner from where I was staying still had >10 beers on tap (including SNPA), and >30 available in bottle. The crazy thing is- most of the blokes at the bar were drinking Bud Light and having shots...go figure.

Wasn't "The Blue Oyster Bar" by any chance???

No- it's this one...http://www.oysterbarny.com/

Literally beneath grand central station. As you can see from the menu- there are >20 types of oysters available from up and down the east coast mainly. It was so good, I went back the next day for more of the same.

I just came back from Hawaii in January. There is a place in Honolulu (and other places in the U.S.) called The Yardhouse. There are 120 beers on tap at this place from all over the world!!! I couldn't believe my eyes... Thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Its awesome Stateside... SNPA approximately $10 for a 6 pack (which you can buy at any drug store) Plus I got some of Rogues Imperial series over there... Can't find that stuff anywhere here!

Its awesome Stateside... SNPA approximately $10 for a 6 pack (which you can buy at any drug store) Plus I got some of Rogues Imperial series over there... Can't find that stuff anywhere here!

You can get almost all of the rogue range, including the imperial series from Slowbeer or Purvis! They ship too if you aren't in melbourne.

Thinking of a trip in May / June - will be in London and it's only $500 return!! Long weekend time...

Haven't seen anywhere up here in Sydney that does Rogue... Love to be able to get my hands on some of it again though! The XS stout was probably the best beer of the trip

Haven't seen anywhere up here in Sydney that does Rogue... Love to be able to get my hands on some of it again though! The XS stout was probably the best beer of the trip

Dont get to excited about Rogue, the beers are great but they seem to use alot of "C" hops in the beers (well the ones i have had) and it gets a bit painfull more so when you are paying $20 for a bottle and all you can taste is cascade and chinook.

OMG .You should come to WA $5.00 pints of VB for a month and six taps of s%&*.
Ticket outta here please!!

You can get Rogue beers at Platinum Liquor in Strathfield.. It's on Concord rd.

Dont get to excited about Rogue, the beers are great but they seem to use alot of "C" hops in the beers (well the ones i have had) and it gets a bit painfull more so when you are paying $20 for a bottle and all you can taste is cascade and chinook.

Try the Wet Hop and the Dirtoir Black Lager, Made with their own hops. The Double Mocha Porter is great by all reports. I had the priviledge of trying the Wet Hop when it went into the first keg. What a great drop. Was my fav beer for my next 4 days visit at the brewery.

Try the Wet Hop and the Dirtoir Black Lager, Made with their own hops. The Double Mocha Porter is great by all reports. I had the priviledge of trying the Wet Hop when it went into the first keg. What a great drop. Was my fav beer for my next 4 days visit at the brewery.

Yeah im saving my rogue tastings till i go to the US where it is a hell of alot cheaper.

Had the double mocha porter as well! Bloody awesome beer... Once I've got the AG setup I'll be trying to replicate it for sure

The last time I was at the pumphouse they had a Rogue beer on tap. Cant remember which one though.
and The Tap House has Rogue from time to time

Latest posts

Back