When In New York...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks remi,

I'm going to be spending a week or two in NY in September. Jazz, Beer and Food is the plan... and a road trip to Ebenezer's pub in Maine http://www.ebenezerspub.net/

Those suggestions will come in handy.

Cheers

Thirsty

I'm considering a ny holiday at the end of this year with those 3 things in mind too! You don't happen to be a musician do you, thirstyboy?

Hey andrewl, why go all the way to the states when you have the Quakers Tavern down the road with all 4 beers on tap, New, Vb, Carlton and a light! Actually coming to think of it i had a Coopers pale on tap when i was there last, ages ago though. Gee we have crap options out west hey!

I'm considering a ny holiday at the end of this year with those 3 things in mind too! You don't happen to be a musician do you, thirstyboy?

I'm a very bad guitarist -- my better half on the other hand is a very good, semi pro Bassist, Guitarist and Mandolin player. Jazz, Latin, Flamenco, Country, Classical.... etc

She is a smart arse, and every time she picks up an instrument she underlines to me just how crappy I am... mind you, free lessons on tap if I care to make the effort to improve (also a qualified music teacher.... :rolleyes: )

TB

I make regular trips to NY as my wife is a newyorker i three places i seem to keep going back to are the house of brews on 51st st i think, the brooklyn brewery and the astoria beer garden in queens for chzeck And belgian beers (some made in usa) also you can not go to ny without going to a yankees game at yankee stadium or get to a game of baskbell or hockey at madison square garden the atmosphere at these games is unlike anything i have experienced in aus

Spending about 8 days in NY May-June this year. All suggestions have been noted. Thanks remi.

We're looking at going to Yankee Stadium for either the Indians or Orioles. The Knicks won't be playing at that time of year. And the Rangers are looking shaky too.

We're also getting to Fenway Park and the ground the Giants play at in SF, keeps changing its name.

@Ivesy: Yeah they still have Coopers on tap... They pissed Bluetongue Lager off to put it on though! They couldn't have picked one of the other beers i.e. VB!!! <_<
I suppose, you win some, you lose some

There is a place in Honolulu (and other places in the U.S.) called The Yardhouse. There are 120 beers on tap at this place from all over the world!!! I couldn't believe my eyes... Thought I had died and gone to heaven.

I've been to one of their places in LA. Yeah, the taps are a sight to behold but it is an awful place to drink. Anyone ever been to Hog's Breath Cafe? Yeah. It's a shithole alright.

Back