Wheel Bin Party Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnheiderich

Reaction score
Hi all just finished my portable setup and thought I would post some pics for all to see.

Wheely bin with hole in lid.

80L

028.JPG

All put together. The idea behind the small jug is that I will be able to put ice bricks inside it to keep the tap cool on the summer days coming up.

032.JPG

One more pic showing the inside of the bin with the keg sitting there. I have used it bin before with a bronco tap, I just usualy place the keg inside a 50L dry bag with two bags of ice and wrap around the outside a camping mat. I also have a soda stream and adapter that fits inside as well.

THe drawback is that it is just a bit to large to stand up in the back of my car, however should only take 5mins to put together at the other end.

033.JPG

That's awesome!

How much $$ did all the bits come to?

I think my spare wheelie bin now has a purpose.... Awesome!

Price was about;

Bin $80
Tap / shank $80
Jug was free with larger esky, should cost about $15
Line $7
50L dry bag (not in pic) free, should cost about $50

Then add on soda stream adapter , regulator, 19L keg.

My mate is having a big birthday bash next weekend and I will bring it along to that.

The only thing I would like to do to finish it off is to paint / contact the outside of the bin to make it more appealing to the eye.

Shawn

This is my setup, just bits i had laying around.
Got two buckets and cut the bottom of one and stuck them together, put them in the bin and filled with expanda foam for insulation, drilled a hole for the tap & pushed a bit of pvc pipe in the expanda foam for the soda stream bottle,just add ice.
IMGP2458.jpgIMGP2457.jpg
beer2_002.jpg

cheers
Mal

The insulation of foam is a good idea , however I get 3 kegs in mine or 2 kegs and the big gas bottle ,, most of the events I attend require at least 2 kegs ..

I just wrapped builders blanket around the out side...

Cheers

Anyone know how many cornies you can squeeze into a large 240L bin?

2 and takes a bit of arranging. Never went thru with it though. Got the 9l keg and shoved it in a water cooler.

I'm supplying about 3 cornies worth of beer for a friends post wedding BBQ and was hoping to squeeze in 3 kegs with a slim 4kg C02 cylinder and numerous bags of ice all hooked up to a pluto gun. May have to try 2 standard plastic garbage bins instead.

You look like you've wheelie bin a bit busy then..... ;)

2's across the corners. You'd get 2 and the gas bottle in there no dramas, but not really enough room for the third. If I get a chance I can check again in the next couple of days. Geeked out and drew the bin and kegs in 3D to check it all out. Still have the bin in the back shed, so could do a physical test as well if you wanted.

Latest posts

Back