What's Your Favourite Stout?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunter Beer Co. Oyster Stout.
Coopers Best Extra
Sheaf
Southwark (only had it once though)
Many others I cannot remember.

Hunter Beer Co. Oyster Stout.
Coopers Best Extra
Sheaf
Southwark (only had it once though)
Many others I cannot remember.

I still can't find Sheaf Stout ANYWHERE. Even online. I've wanted to try it for ages.

I found it in Dan Murphys a little while back, but now their website says it's out of stock at my local store.
Could be worth a gander?

Anyone tried TOOL GOLIAT IMP. COFFEE STOUT?
On tap at the Archive at the moment....holy shit it packs a punch. It's like liquid acid.

Recently tried a barley brothers double espresso stout.

De-friggin-licious.

Bought a carton of coopers stout recently and wasn't that impressed. Far too much vegemite character. Coopers special old stout, now that was a great beer.

Sheaf Stout is the old Tooths variant - not sure if it came from the Tooths or the Reschs branch of the business, but obviously now brewed by CUB. Until now has been NSW specific product and available in all bottlos in stubbies or longnecks. However it's interesting to hear that Liam found it in SEQ at Dans. I think some of the state boundaries are being eroded as I now often see XXXX heavy (red label) stubbies in the bottlos here on the Mid North Coast. Until recently it didn't stray South of the Tweed.

Sheaf is my choice if I want to really hang one on :beerbang:

sheaf_stout.jpg

4 Pines. It's supurb - it's probably a milk stout (dunno much about stouts, but it's sweet).

I used to drink sheaf stout quite a bit before I started brewing.

Abbotsford Invalid,the easiest stout for me to purchase at bottlo and pub,tis a top drop :D Sheaf is a cracker,but I can't find it easily :( Coopers is "A pale shadow of it's former self" (check out the thread for my comments re this matter).Many years ago there was Razorback Milk Stout (Matilda Bay I think,but might be wrong),twas luscious,wish it was still being brewed :rolleyes:

Bought a carton of coopers stout recently and wasn't that impressed. Far too much vegemite character. Coopers special old stout, now that was a great beer.

Special Old Stout was just normal Coopers Stout that had been aged 6 months before getting shipped out. Heard this from Tim Cooper himself.
Interesting to note that Tim Cooper's grandmother still asks him to re release Special Old Stout. He said its possible, not probable though.

Back