Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOSTERS LIGHT ICE! Its what I imagined Wine-O Pissfrom a dirty ashtray would taste like. And that was back when I thought Carlton Cold was a fine beer. Except in the plastic bottles...What were they thinking?

i went through a bit of a phase when i was 18 or so drinking carlon cold, till one night i had a few to many and realised it taste exactly the same coming up as it did going down. still cant look at the stuff now, let alone drink it.

Dogfish Head Midas Touch - they have a nerve even calling this beer in the first place.

2 Metres Tall Huon Dark Ale deserves a serious mention here. Oh well, at least they have shown me how to get all the hideous taste of a tin-shed kit beer in summer with all the inconvenience of full-mash brewing. Rank.

TUBORG: Remember when you were a kid in high summer and the slippery dip (tarp in my case) would be out on the grass for a week and when you finally lifted the tarp the grass under it had begun to rot, gone all yellow and stank. That's what Tuborg tastes of. rotten grass.

I'd have to say Redoak organic pale ale. To be fair I think it was off. Though I have had tried bottles on different occasions and it has been the same.

Only beer I have ever not been able to finish.

I have had this beer and it was terrible. I suspect it was infected. Not unusual for Redoak beers.....

I would say the worst commercial beers I have had are tooheys platinum extra dry, and fosters light ice. Ashamed to say I have drunk plenty of carlton cold, xxxx and VB, but not as bad as these. (lets not mention my own failed effort recently)

GO HOMEBREW

Dogfish Head Midas Touch - they have a nerve even calling this beer in the first place.
From what i've read, they don't call it a beer per se "Midas Touch Golden Elixir is a beverage based on the residue found on the drinking vessels in King Midas' tomb. Our recipe highlights the known ingredients of barley, white Muscat grapes, honey and saffron. Somehwere between a beer, wine and mead, this smooth, dry ale will please with Chardonnay or I.P.A. drinker alike."

Carlton Black.... :icon_vomit:

I dot mind Tooheys Old on tap if there is no Coopers

Old is a beer that a home brewer can drink..

BUT Carlton Black tastes sh!t... like it has soap in it... jeez.. even makes VB drinkable

I have had this beer and it was terrible. I suspect it was infected. Not unusual for Redoak beers.....
I've never tried the pale,but i've tried quite a few of their others,and i've NEVER had an infected one...Why do you consider it 'not unusual'? Just curious.. :huh: .

I mean I've had quite a few Redoak beers and more than one has been infected.

Carlton Black.... :icon_vomit:

I dot mind Tooheys Old on tap if there is no Coopers

Old is a beer that a home brewer can drink..

BUT Carlton Black tastes sh!t... like it has soap in it... jeez.. even makes VB drinkable

Haven't replied to this thread as I have at some stage drank most of the mainstream lagers and drank a few of them. But I would have to agree 100% with stu, I don't mind a Toohey's Old and when the local bottle-o had run out I went to ask for Kilkenny, the bloke working at the time said there is Carlton Black. I thought WTH it can't hurt to try. Absolute rubbish. Tasted like burnt tyre and cigarette liquefied! Never again! :icon_vomit:

It is either Yallingup's Bush Shack Brewery Strawberry Blonde or Lemon Ale... The Blonde was under attenuated and just tasted bad..... The Lemon Ale just tasted horrid. I can't believe someone who has a license to brew beer can make beer that bad, and the audacity to charge over 10 dollars a pint. Id rather mainstream lager over their beers any day.

Clams, tomato and beer - finally the three combined!

IMG_1998.jpg

In Tacoma. Two sips and I was DONE. Worst ... Beer ... Eva. And to think even the Bud Light base beer was aweful. Down the plug hole it went.

LMAO! :icon_drunk:

I used to live in Canada and was shocked to see people ordering beer and clamato. My wife said she would always get people ordering it at her work! I for the life of me cannot work it out.

My worst beer was a house ale at the little pub in Scarborough, Yorkshire. It was about 12 years ago, so I can't recall exact why it was so bad. But I recall it being horrible. But both me and my Dad had to sneak in the toilet and tip it out. Only beer i've ever done that too.

barefoot.jpg

I just knew I was going to be dissapointed. So in a round about way, I wasn't.

Diluting bland beer with reconstituted fruit juice tastes about as dazzling as it sounds.

But I drank all six out of spite anyway.

Maby I was just looking for something to hate that afternoon.

Barons Extra Strong Bitter - only beer i've ever tipped out. That's what I get for letting my 4 yr old son pick it "because it has a old-time pilot on it Daddy"

I mean I've had quite a few Redoak beers and more than one has been infected.

+1
Redoak Organic Ale...... :icon_vomit:
Had to be infected, or is that the flavour they are after....
seems like everyone has had the same experiance
Pretty dissapointing for "the most awarded brewery"

I found the Redoak Hefeweizen to be quite disappointing as well. Bought 2 and had trouble bringing myself to drink the 2nd. Purchased from Dan Murphy's so perhaps transport and storage was the problem.

Latest posts

Back