Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

+1
I can feel the hangover coming on as I drink vb. I know it's such a standard comment for ahb community and seems a pretty predictable to take a shot at the market leader (by volume)

Next worse would be ted platinum

I have to go with my first brew. I read this forum and went to the LHBS and got a starter kit. I had read that it should be fermented at 18-20c but asked the sales person was it ok to brew in this weather (the day I asked was 38c) and they said yes its fine. so after 2 days of 38-40c the brew was done! YAY! my first home brew tasted out of the fermenter, OH shit that aint good, Oh well must be what green beer taste like. 4 weeks later opened a bottle. Hmmm this has not got any better oh well wait a little longer.

By now had a second brew in a bath of water was about 25-26c and tasted that when finished I was like its little better but went back to drinking VB lol (it taste better) after 3 months and a fridge and temp mate never looked back

Once I thought xxx from Toowoomba was the worst but.
I used to work on cattle stations when younger.Had a big blue in Blackwater and going to job at Dingo,slept under a tree in my swag,woke up feeling shit,black eyed and busted,waiting for the mail truck.Pub opened and I got a shilling in my pocket and a beer is 11 pence so over I go for a cure,asks for a cold beer,the bloke goes and pumps something with his foot and here's the beer I would have killed for.One mouthful and tipped it out,and I really needed one.
McLaughlans from Rockhampton.
Had the VB chuck downs up north,we called them Vomit Bombs.

Interesting that no-one rates redoak - last time I was in Sydney on holidays (a few years ago now) we had dinner at the brewery and everything was pretty good... Maybe its they're bottling process? :unsure:
There dinner and beers they serve you are great.
But their redoak honey something that I got in micro beer club delivery was toilet water!

Well someone has to ask.

How do you know what wet old lady bits smell like? :ph34r:

Campbell

i just took the smell of younger lady bits after a night in a nightclub, and multiplied it in my head.

i can only assume it is worse.

never had a bad redoak beer off the tap... bottling can throw up issues I guess...

infact their Bitter is one of the best beers I have ever tasted.

My old dad told me that there was no such thing as a bad beer ....

But he never tasted O'Brien's Gluten Free beer. Give 'em points for trying to make a beer for people who can't stomach gluten, but this is truly horrible. Beer is like cake, it just doesn't work without gluten.

Had a mate RAVE on about Tusker Premium Lager from East African Breweries.
He would not shut up about Tusker @ $85/case and how great it was.

So I tried some.
Then I got two extra glasses.
Filled them with tap water.
Performed a blind triangle test.
Could not tell which one was the Tusker.

Im in a bind with my Footy Club and the crappola beers they have in the fridge. Choices range from:

Melbourne Bitter, Vic Bitter, Corona, Carlton Draught, Tooheys Extra Dry & TED Platinum & some others that escape my memory...

The Platinum is dam horrible. Possibly one of the worst beers I've ever come across...

Out of that bunch I've been going for the VB and MB as at least there is some taste involved. Not a great tatse by any stretch of the imagination, but a taste nonetheless.

Needless to say, I am campaigning for some more suitable beverages to be brought in, however as the Competition is supported by Carlton I dont fancy my chances of getting anything good...

Had a mate RAVE on about Tusker Premium Lager from East African Breweries.
He would not shut up about Tusker @ $85/case and how great it was.

So I tried some.
Then I got two extra glasses.
Filled them with tap water.
Performed a blind triangle test.
Could not tell which one was the Tusker.

Should have thrown a Birra Morretti Lager in there as well, just to make it interesting :lol:

Needless to say, I am campaigning for some more suitable beverages to be brought in, however as the Competition is supported by Carlton I dont fancy my chances of getting anything good...
Ask for some Abbotsford Invalid Stout. It's the exception that defines the rule about CUB.

I still can't get the taste out of my mind. You take clams, tomato and then add them to beer - and that beer is bud light.

The memory is enough to make me sprew a little in my mouth.

ewgross1.jpg

I still can't get the taste out of my mind. You take clams, tomato and then add them to beer - and that beer is bud light.

The memory is enough to make me sprew a little in my mouth.

ewgross1.jpg

Just looking at that combo is making me feel ill. Who on earth ever thought that would be a good idea? They must have been smoking some heavy $#!T that day...

Clamato and vodka, that I can do - but damn, not with Budweiser!

Ask for some Abbotsford Invalid Stout. It's the exception that defines the rule about CUB.
+1

It is pretty much my go-to sixer (i.e. I pretty much never buy a sixer but when I am forced to and my options are only shops owned by Coles or Woolies - this is the beer I buy).

We need to start calling you Manticle, Seeker of Truth.

I've been calling him that for months. :icon_cheers:

edit: my update on worst beer was Beechworth/bridge road celtic red ale...if the 6er I got wasn't infected then it was just truly friggin horrible...

Back