What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you must...

The tagine was good it also had honey in it... just to sweet with the apple.

mmmm gow gees...

I want to attempt Gyozas.

Eyup bah goom, sethe, that's one reet champion pud tha knows B)

yorkshirepud1Medium.jpg

yorkshirepud2Medium.jpg

Nothing special but just keeping the thread going...

Peri Peri chicken with what was left in the fridge fried rice...

periperi.JPG

Yesterdays lunch, homemade salam, feta and pickled onions washed down with a hoppy Irish Red

DSC_2522.jpg

Yesterdays lunch, homemade salam, feta and pickled onions washed down with a hoppy Irish Red

DSC_2522.jpg

Now that is one pretty picture, can't be any better feeling than sitting down to all those home made goodies knowing that they were all made by yourself. It looks delicious.

Andrew

haha - "ploughmans' lunches" always remind me of the time I flew to London with British Airways. Due to a monumental Pommy stuff up as we were cruising over Germany in the dawn, breakfast was being served and all the food they had left on board was ploughmans lunches.
Most people didn't mind but many of the Asians on board were quite disoriented. Ah nothing like pickled onions, Hovis mini loaf and Cheddar cheese at 6 in the morning, could have used an Irish Red, but :lol:

Wow! Now *that* looks good! Nice photo, and I see you have a pizza oven in the background as well, you lucky *******! What sort of salami did you make?

Wow! Now *that* looks good! Nice photo, and I see you have a pizza oven in the background as well, you lucky *******! What sort of salami did you make?
The recipe is from Ruhlman and Polcyn's book, called Saucisson Sec, but made with wild pork. Garlic , pepper and a bit of chilli is pretty much all the spices.

Had a belgian beer tasting so did some reading on some food matching rather than just grabbing a few cheeses.
Some surprises as to what worked as well as the obvious ones.

cheescake in the freezer, pork and fennel sausages, some 70% dark chocolate, wild boar cut into little steaks, smoked salmon
a hard goat cheese, an aged gruyere (my god that was good), wax cheddar (also seriously good), a few crackers, sourdough, 2 bries, a camembert, and a blue
Hiding somewhere out of shot is a white pepper crusted salami

View attachment 54175

General conclusions were that the chocolate went with just about everything, and so did the gruyere, but I think we might have been a little biased on that last one...

Thai Green Chicken Curry with additional Red Chilli Paste...

Hotter than anticipated, but damn tasty!

Green_Curry.jpg

Cheers!

Tonight's effort:

Ravioli.jpg

Home-made Chicken, Herb and Pine Nut Ravioli. Served with a browned-butter and lemon sauce, and grated stinky cheese...

Not my prettiest dish, but tasty enough!

Cheers

My efforts tonight, paella!

20120515_185926.jpg

20120515_191233.jpg

20120515_192019.jpg

20120515_193401.jpg

20120515_202550.jpg

My first attempt at it, few things I'll change next time (not least of which using the brew burner outside instead of the crappy electric stove, urgh. bloody rental places). Pretty happy though, great feed :)

That Paella looks awesome dude.

No pics cos it wasn't exactly pretty (equivalent of taking a photo of a grey camry in a carpark), but we had some baked lemon chicken thighs & potato, with some dolmades & greek salad.
I bloody love greek food.

made gnocci last night. 2 homemade sauces, basic fresh napoli and a simple blue cheese sauce (forgot to take pics of final product)
prep1.jpg

bake potato then through a drum sieve. boil till just floating then a quick fry with butter.
fry.jpg

best part of all is frying up the skins for uber good crisps.
potato_skins.jpg

so nice and fluffy. had left overs for lunch

Attachments

• fry.jpg
    fry.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 58
Great idea dude!
I make gnocchi a fair bit, never thought of that though....definately will next time!
Little sprinkle of salt and your in heaven. ESP when you've got little bits of potato still on the skins.

Few years back we were at this place (can't remember where for the life of me) and they had STUFFED potato skins. I'm talking scooped out potato halves with bacon and cheese filling, and i recall there being some other creamy chicken (mornay?) filling as well. So epic!

Latest posts

Back