What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet Corn and Chicken Soup

from scatch... its OKay not as good as my cheat ones not sure what went wrong...

sweetcorn.JPG

Tortilla pizza (low cal pizza) The Bent (Sweet Chilli, Prawn, Banana and Coriander)

done in my Turbo oven

theBent.JPG

turbooven.JPG

Curried cream chicken white rice and steamed asparagus

No photo didnt happen

I can show you a picture of the sauce leftover. Wish I could post my swamp-piss smell. Tomorrow I can show you the after-affects

It looked just like this
36712.jpg

Chicken Cordon Bleu ( kinda sorta) Pasty

with Butter Carrots.

Super easy if you have the refrigerated tube crescent rolls

crimp 4 triangles together or just 2 if they are the big ones.

lay a slice of swiss on the dough

then a slice or 2 of sandwich ham

then a pre-cooked 4 inch unbreaded piece of chicken breast

some more cheese and ham

gently roll and crimp openings

bake on parchment covered shallow pan@ 190c till golden brown

Flip upside down immediately after removing from oven

0315122031.jpg

Chicken drumsticks in a Nuoc Mau: Vietnamese Caramel Sauce with steamed rice and snow peas... (A Wednesday night dinner)

chickendrumsticks.JPG

Found Jimmys sate paste/sauce so am looking forward to using that this weekend.

Fig season and the tree is loaded so made a fig and porter cake for my birthday monring tea at work. The recipe called for milk, i subbed in my brown porter on tap. Figs chopped and mixed into the cake batter and then 15 mins into cooking added another lot of chopped figs to the top.

For the GF people I went the lazy route and stuffed figs with goats cheese and drizzled them with honey. Easier than baking them a cake and was very popular at work.

Here's the cake

figbeercake.jpg

mmmm FIGS love them.... that cake looks awesome...

I love them stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in proscuitto and baked... mmmmmm

I love them stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in proscuitto and baked... mmmmmm
Okay I'm new to figs, but THAT sounds fantastic.

Still plenty of figs (tree taller than the house) left and i do have some blue cheese in the fridge, just need some proscuitto.

Okay I'm new to figs, but THAT sounds fantastic.

Pete its awesome, sweet fruit with salty ham and stinky cheese.. One of my fav entrees to serve at a dinner party. So simple to pre do and pop in the oven for 10 minutes and looks smashing on a plate...

Or you could do it at the end of meal without the meat... with a glass of sticky!

Gumbo, a redneck meal from southern USA to celebrate the return of redneck/bogan right wing QLD. :p

EDIT - chicken, chorizo, smoked ham off the bone in this one so not very redneck/bogan at all.

2012-03-25195328.jpg

Okra is for people too poor to afford food. :lol:

Its defiantly an acquire taste... I like it in binhdi karchari... you really need to fry the hell out of it to get the sap out. But I always thougth redneck gumbo had it in it.

Its defiantly an acquire taste... I like it in binhdi karchari... you really need to fry the hell out of it to get the sap out. But I always thougth redneck gumbo had it in it.

Its not a real gumbo unless it has okra in it. And file powder too.

Cheers
Dave

Its not a real gumbo unless it has okra in it. And file powder too.

Cheers
Dave

As i said, my version was the upmarket version with chorizo and ham off the bone. I did add zucchini and squash fresh from the vegie patch. Tasted better the day after as all slow cooked foods tend to.

Arroz Con Pollo

POLLO.JPG

Beef Tagine with rasins and caramalized apples... to sweet... didnt need the apples.

beeftagine.JPG

Arroz Con Pollo

View attachment 53459

Beef Tagine with rasins and caramalized apples... to sweet... didnt need the apples.

View attachment 53460

I did a tagine over the weekend too... Lamb tagine with quince and honey. Forgot to take any photos but boy was it nice.

Last night I did chicken, ginger and shallot gow-ges.

I must get back into the habit of photographing dinner.

Cheers
Dave

Back