What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
satebeef.JPG

My small serving of Sate Beef.... yummy a family favourite...

Kt if I ever get a brew.pub going ur wieking with me girl

Pork Kakadu Plum and Lemon Aspen Sausages with mace mash and steamed vege with a balsamic blackberry reduction..........
soooooooooooooooo good...

pork_sausages.JPG

pork_sausages_2.JPG

Surely you gourmands make your own?

Got me hankering for a bit of sate action now.

If you have a reliable recipe I'd be very keen to see it, I love making my curry pastes myself.

There is something so therapeutic about pounding ingredients in a mortar with a pestle. Maybe it is just me who imagines the face of a previous boss being bludgeoned with the pestle :blink: :lol:

I've made a few good satay/sate sauces but like a lot of my beers, it's often not repeated often enough for me to take notes.

From memory - generally roasted peanuts (blended), coconut cream, ginger, maybe some soy (ketsap manis even better) and probably some garlic and chilli* but what I will do is make one some time late next week and post here. Like all recipes, it will be able to be tweaked to taste. Generally I research and tweak myself (including beer).

*Unnecessary - love chilli though.

I've ground many a person into a good red curry paste.

Garlic, chilli, coconut milk, sesame oil, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice... blitz. = satay peanut sauce!!

Sorry, no exact amounts, it's just a glug of this, a bit of that, and so on...

Pfftf... peanuts in a peanut sauce? That's crazy talk.

Yeh, sorry, there's dry roasted peanuts in there too. If I had to guess amounts, I'd say...

handful of peanuts
1-2 cloves garlic
1 chilli (my kids don't like it too spicy)
1/2 tin coconut milk
splash of fish sauce
1-2 tbsp brown sugar
juice from a lime
splash of soy sauce

Looks gold.

Coles sells sate sauce?!? Katie, I've never been ashamed of you before but I am now.

Mightily.

Its not normal SATAY sauce its SATE sauce it was made early 70's in hong kong... my mother introduced it to me a long long time ago... You only use a teaspoon or 3.... its made of soy beans... (so its part of my receipe) Airgeard and Fourstar use it also....

of cause I can make my own satay sauce...

jimmys_sate_sauce1.JPG

Honey Ginger Chicken

honey from my friends bees... awesome.

Not the best photo but first time I cut a chicken up chinese style... This was a hit with my daughter... not to sweet and nicely balanced with the ginger.

honeyginger.JPG

Its not normal SATAY sauce its SATE sauce it was made early 70's in hong kong... my mother introduced it to me a long long time ago... You only use a teaspoon or 3.... its made of soy beans... (so its part of my receipe) Airgeard and Fourstar use it also....

of cause I can make my own satay sauce...

Yep. That's good stuff the ol Jimmy's.. Always like to have a jar of it kicking around for a quick stir fry. Not at all like satay sauce (despite the similarity in spelling).

Cheers
Dave

I see. I thought it was a variation on the spelling. Apologies for the aspersions you lot.

On my table is a slice of humble pie.

Back