What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simmer it low and slow. that will keep the oil and coconut 'split' so you have the orange oils and stop it from darkening(or going grey) due to elmusification of the oils.
nah there was bugger all orange in the tin before i cooked with it. it looked prety much like that colour when i opened it. but it tasted good. the tofu came out better this time, but not as good as puffed tofu. i might give up and just buy puffed.

like all curries it tasted better today/.

Made some Roti on Sunday along with a Singaporean Chicken Curry and Sambal Beans.

Enjoy! :beerbang:

Hey 4* your rotis look mouthwatering, do you do them with ghee or water ? What is the recipe mate?

cheers

Browndog

Duck last night.

With caramelised fennel and a sauce made from pan dripping, a nice home made mahogany honey mead, fennel seeds and redcurrent jelly.

Breasts salt and peppered... ready for the pan

IMG_1529.jpg

The fennel caramelising away

IMG_1530.jpg

Duck cooking

IMG_1531.jpg

And done

IMG_1532.jpg
IMG_1533.jpg

With home made bread

IMG_1534.jpg

And apple/berry crumble...

IMG_1536.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Duck last night.

With caramelised fennel and a sauce made from pan dripping, a nice home made mahogany honey mead, fennel seeds and redcurrent jelly.

Breasts salt and peppered... ready for the pan

View attachment 38208

The fennel caramelising away

View attachment 38209

Duck cooking

View attachment 38210

And done

View attachment 38211
View attachment 38212

With home made bread

View attachment 38213

And apple/berry crumble...

View attachment 38214

Cheers
Dave

Far out Airgead! That looks like a nice dinner!

Last nights dinner..........

Veal cutlets with mushroom sauce :icon_drool2:, baked baby potatoes with rosemary salt and buttered beans.

All washed down with a couple of glasses of kolsch for me a sparkling shiraz for the wife.

Cheers,

Craig

008.jpg

Had a North Indian curry of Goat here tonight...

Served up with a Murray's Icon 2IPA fresh from the growler.. :icon_drool2:
IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

With fresh made naan and coconut rice...:D

Simple Panna Cotta with strawberry syrup for dessert

IMG_0028_1_.jpg

Had a North Indian curry of Goat here tonight...

Served up with a Murray's Icon 2IPA fresh from the growler.. :icon_drool2:
View attachment 38357

View attachment 38358

With fresh made naan and coconut rice...:D

Didnt bring my lunch to work today so thanks to you i am off to find a curry :icon_cheers:

Looks gorgeous and i love goat curries.

Can you freeze tofu?

Currently making a red lentil and tofu korma and have excess tofu. Bought way more than i needed.
not sure but i froze half a block a couple weeks ago when i made malay curry. figured it cant hurt too much. its just protein curd

Can you freeze tofu?

Currently making a red lentil and tofu korma and have excess tofu. Bought way more than i needed.

You can it will change colour (yellow) but does not effect the taste.

I tend to leave mine in the fridge in water, you just change the water daily or every 2nd day. Make a mapo tofu (chilli bean, pork and tofu)...

I always have frozen tofu pok (fried tofu) in the freezer does not effect it at all. Lovely in a mussaman!

Winter time so stews are the in thing at the moment...

Goulash (the secret is caraway seeds...). Made with some fantastic organic veal. It s not traditional but I chucked a load of silverbeet in there as greens. Yum.

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

With freshly baked bread

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

And the missus made individual citrus self saucing puddings.

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Nice looking stew. How long did you cook that for? Could've cleaned the plate edge before taking the pic though :icon_chickcheers:
Cheers
Steve

Nice looking stew. How long did you cook that for? Could've cleaned the plate edge before taking the pic though :icon_chickcheers:
Cheers
Steve

It had about 3 hours.

I *could* have cleaned the plate edge but I had a family shouting "hurry up and give me my dinner" so I suspect I would have been lynched if I had mucked around any longer. :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Dave

Pork ribs smoked low and slow for 4 hours. Good to chew on while the watching the Swans do Essendon!
06062010123.jpg

06062010125.jpg

Another stew tonight.

Rabbit stewed in cider.

Wild caught rabbit (or for the benefit of my 7 year old daughter - adorable floppy eared, twitchy nosed bunny... oh how could you that's horrible) - cut into 8, dredged in seasoned flour and browned

IMG_1573.jpg

Remove from pot and cook up 3 rashers of streaky bacon and some onions. When browned add back the bunny

IMG_1574.jpg

Add a litre of home brewed cider and a few tablespoons of Dijon mustard

IMG_1575.jpg

Add some spuds

IMG_1577.jpg

3 hours later and some peas and fresh parsley to finish. A meal fit for a French peasant. With some home baked wholemeal bread.

IMG_1578.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg

Cheers
Dave

P.S. Washed down with some of Manticle's excellent smoked porter. Fantastic.

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 12
Back