What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

I love kippers. Grilled for breakfast. Haven't had any for years. Might try to pick some up...

Cheers
Dave

I told him I got some Kippers and he said great will have them on toast Saturday Morning which sounds devine!

I think I will do them on the bbq! keep the smell out of the house. Do I leave the heads on?

where are you getting smoked herrings from? Just the canned kippers?

where are you getting smoked herrings from? Just the canned kippers?

No can its a whole Scottish kipper. I got it frozen! I know but I have limited time as working mother! There not yellow which is good thing isnt it?

No can its a whole Scottish kipper. I got it frozen! I know but I have limited time as working mother! There not yellow which is good thing isnt it?

Ah i know the ones! i saw them at woolies actually. Thanks for jogging my memory Katie! Ive had the kipper fillets from a kan before on toast! tasty tasty stuff!

Ah i know the ones! i saw them at woolies actually. Thanks for jogging my memory Katie! Ive had the kipper fillets from a kan before on toast! tasty tasty stuff!

yep there the ones.... I was going to poach them in milk but I think I will bbq them! Making a nice white sauce... Ive never oven baked brussel sprouts before. but yum with garlic, chilli and pine nuts! washed down with a crisp white wine!

Turned out well, I enjoyed it very very tasty. I think I over done the brussel sprouts but would do that again also but with bigger sprouts!

Kippers on mash with white sauce and oven baked brussel sprouts.

IMG_0203.jpg

Finally found some nice edible field mushies in the goat paddock. No, they dont eat fungi. For the last week and a bit all i have found are the yellow stainers.

Made up a simple mushrooms on pappardelle dish which is more like a vegie strog. Yummo, leftovers for lunch.

No pictures as they aren't up to the standard for this thread. Either that or I keep remembering to takes pics after i have eaten.... :lol:

Great thing is that they are now popping up in more numbers so i can pick more every few days for the next week at least :super:

Sorry, couldn't find any blue ones.

Wasn't sure if this fits in the what's in the glass or what's on the table. neither i suspect. Thought I'd kill off a few birds today, smoke some meat for dinner and hey, why not throw some malt in there too.... mmmm pork and mesquite pils... also figured I'd make the most of the day, so brewing up a few litres of American Lager.
IMG_0307.JPG

Finally found some nice edible field mushies in the goat paddock. No, they dont eat fungi. For the last week and a bit all i have found are the yellow stainers.

Made up a simple mushrooms on pappardelle dish which is more like a vegie strog. Yummo, leftovers for lunch.

No pictures as they aren't up to the standard for this thread. Either that or I keep remembering to takes pics after i have eaten.... :lol:

Great thing is that they are now popping up in more numbers so i can pick more every few days for the next week at least :super:

Sorry, couldn't find any blue ones.

photos are a must!

Wasn't sure if this fits in the what's in the glass or what's on the table. neither i suspect. Thought I'd kill off a few birds today, smoke some meat for dinner and hey, why not throw some malt in there too.... mmmm pork and mesquite pils... also figured I'd make the most of the day, so brewing up a few litres of American Lager.

Your Rauch beers will really smell/taste like bacon now wont they! :icon_drool2:

Mmmmm, truffle oil.

Had some parmesan on last night's dish as well as a dash of the oil from the semi-dried tomatoes...... :icon_cheers:

Your Rauch beers will really smell/taste like bacon now wont they! :icon_drool2:
So funny you should say that... the malt has been sitting for a while now, and smelling it, it reminds me of fried bread in bacon grease. That is exactly the smell. Beaver St Bacon Malt Co...yummo! I'm thinking a bacon pils first up

some ribs i whipped up on a drunken munchie rampage.

DSC00856.JPG

pretty sure i've posted this pic before but i cant find it :

DSC00827.JPG

Back