What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next year. Writing a thesis that's due in 4 days and was going to see if the fish and chip shop was open for a quick burger around 2pm. Decided to head to the supermarket and get food I could cook for myself instead.

Native ingredients are something I was passionately interested in when I was cooking peofessionally

Beef Curry with roti on the side.
No the roti aren't home made. I have a number of good Indian/Asian shops nearby that sell a range of good frozen breads, and also I'm lazy...
My latest German Pils to go with it...

curryjan.jpg

Schooey Ive being craving a Pho for weeks and was going on Friday to get one but I think you have inspired me to cook one. YUM....

Hope you topped it with bean sprouts, mint, basil and lemon...

Beef Curry with roti on the side.
No the roti aren't home made. I have a number of good Indian/Asian shops nearby that sell a range of good frozen breads, and also I'm lazy...
My latest German Pils to go with it...

View attachment 43716

Those frozen rotis are great arent they. Always make sure I have a supply in the freezer. We eat them with curries, the kids eat them like a wrap with vegemite and grated cheese. Very nice with lashings of butter!
Cheers
Steve

boneless organic leg of lamb, garlic and rosemary

166364_10150132426336834_669306833_7778045_8243313_n.jpg

165334_10150132434466834_669306833_7778138_7948046_n.jpg

Where is the finished product?

in ma belly! actually prob down the dunny now seeings as its almost 24 hours later lol, plus finished meals look no where near as nice as preparing them imo.

Not worth a thread so bumping this one.
I'm currently on a N.A.S. low sodium diet and found a hunk of dead cow in the freezer so made a traditional cow, onion and carrot stew. However I can't put in worcestershire sauce or gravy powder etc as they are killer sodium. After spicing it up with some herbs and peppercorn etc it was still looking rather grey and uninviting so

Boom tish

I put in 1/4 cup of milled Carafa 2 (huskless of course) and it's come up a treat. Gives a certain nutty je ne sais quois but it's hard to pick the peppercorns from the bits of carafa until you chew into them.
I've christened it my Beef and Carafa S2 ("Stoo")

I put in 1/4 cup of milled Carafa 2 (huskless of course) and it's come up a treat. Gives a certain nutty je ne sais quois but it's hard to pick the peppercorns from the bits of carafa until you chew into them.
I've christened it my Beef and Carafa S2 ("Stoo")

Well done that man!

Does this mean I have to start taking photos of dinner again?

Too late tonight... beef Tagine with spiced cous cous. All gone now.

Cheers
Dave

Pork Belly, Bok choy and rice for us.... I was going to take a photo opps.

Pork Belly, Bok choy and rice for us.... I was going to take a photo opps.

I'll see your pork belly and raise you a Spanish style beef rib casserole with rice...

Didnt get a photo of the pork belly it was good though...

Mexican night is Wednesday nights so not really photo worthy... Its not mole... Rest of the week is pretty boring also.

Though I do feel a Guiness and Beef pie coming up... also a Irish stew thats if the price of lamb comes down.

Didnt get a photo of the pork belly it was good though...

Mexican night is Wednesday nights so not really photo worthy... Its not mole... Rest of the week is pretty boring also.

Though I do feel a Guiness and Beef pie coming up... also a Irish stew thats if the price of lamb comes down.

I forgot the photo of the beef ribs too... ahh well.

Cheers
Dave

Knocked out some slow cooked ribs on Saturday night, only problem was I should have made more, couldn't stop eating them!!!

DSC00378.jpg

Chinese Hoisin Ribs

1 1/2 cups of Hoisin sauce
1/3 cup of light soy
1/4 cup of honey
5 garlic cloves
2 star anise
1 cinnamon quill
zest from one orange
1/2 tsp of sesame oil
1/4 cup of peanut oil

Combine all of the above and marinate ribs in the fridge (I did 3hrs but over night would be great)

Preheat oven to 170. Cover ribs with foil in a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 1.5 hours. Remove foil and continue to cook for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.

Take remaining marinate and 1/2 cup of chicken stock and reduce of high heat to a nice thick sauce, pour over ribs and get messy!!!!!

Cheers SJ

(credit for the recipe goes to my wife's copy of Real Living magazine)

Knocked out some slow cooked ribs on Saturday night, only problem was I should have made more, couldn't stop eating them!!!

DSC00378.jpg

Chinese Hoisin Ribs

1 1/2 cups of Hoisin sauce
1/3 cup of light soy
1/4 cup of honey
5 garlic cloves
2 star anise
1 cinnamon quill
zest from one orange
1/2 tsp of sesame oil
1/4 cup of peanut oil

Combine all of the above and marinate ribs in the fridge (I did 3hrs but over night would be great)

Preheat oven to 170. Cover ribs with foil in a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 1.5 hours. Remove foil and continue to cook for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.

Take remaining marinate and 1/2 cup of chicken stock and reduce of high heat to a nice thick sauce, pour over ribs and get messy!!!!!

Cheers SJ

(credit for the recipe goes to my wife's copy of Real Living magazine)

nom nom nom RIBS love them

Latest posts

Back