What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made Pizzas for SWMBO folks and sister last saturday. tasty tasty treats.

Also the laksa that was made last thursday! For you katie and CM2 :icon_drool2: TOFU PUFFS FTW!

_DSC1811.jpg

_DSC1808.jpg

Made Pizzas for SWMBO folks and sister last saturday. tasty tasty treats.

Also the laksa that was made last thursday! For you katie and CM2 :icon_drool2: TOFU PUFFS FTW!

mmmm love crispy bases. and tofu puffs YUM! I like thin laska noodles though... But love the red laksa. In Perth all the laksas are yellow! Except for mine of cause.

buying them aint cheating like buying noodles aint cheating. If i can find anyone who makes them by hand, i'll buy em a beer.
i try and make them by hand. i just keep failing. does that count? :lol:
I'll give you the noodles. they are a PITA to make.

buying them aint cheating like buying noodles aint cheating. If i can find anyone who makes them by hand, i'll buy em a beer.

Yeah Im happy buying them... cant be bothered with all that oil and disposing of it. I can make a curry paste but always have maeploy in my fridge every kind but I add to them. And people still say its the best curry they have ever had. Its all about time. And tofu puff are so cheap I couldnt imagine you could make them cheaper.

CM2 try salt and pepper tofu thats something I think you would be happy with to master.

That pretty much looks like the recipe I use. Her picture looks so wrong though which surprises me as she is a fantastic chef but mine looks heaps better.

before you cut the tofu take it out of the packet and put it on a plate and cover it with paper towel and put a book or something relativly heavy that will take the excess moisture out. Once the tofu is in becareful with it as you dont want it to break up otherwise it wont look good. Remember you eat with your eyes also.

This dish must be salty and HOT!

mapo_012.jpg

mapotofu2.jpg

looks like a well seasoned wok katie! just like mine! :beerbang:

Ah Im waiting for Airgead to come in and complain about the tofu and he calls himself a Hippy HA!

Ha!

I'm just a carnivorous hippy... that's all...

I'm with airgead. Like little bits of soft bland foam in every bite. Sure they taste ok if they are cooked with a whole lot of other nice things - they have no flavour of their own and are therefore superfluous to a dish.

I expect to have my mind changed about this one day but until then - The Anti-Bean Curd League has at least 2 members.

I expect to have my mind changed about this one day but until then - The Anti-Bean Curd League has at least 2 members.

Mapo tofu.. it changed my world. oh and tofu puffs in laksa sealed the deal

Always up for having my mind changed.

Hated tuna till I ate a tuna steak (still hate tinned tuna)
Hated Jazz till I heard Jelly Roll Morton (still hate a lot of jazz though)
Hated metal till I heard korpiklaani and finntroll (still hate most metal though)
Hated brussel sprouts till............. I still hate brussel sprouts.

Tuna steaks with a coating of poppy and sesame seeds cooked nice and rare. To die for.

Like Paw Paw with a squirt of real lime juice taste of heaven.

Did a small 2kg pork neck on the smoker today. Took 8 hours but worth every minute!
Pulled pork and slaw sandwiches on sourdough buns!
61250564.jpg

Latest posts

Back