Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've earned this bugger today.

Fly-Rye IPA

21976ft.jpg

IPA with 15% Rye hopped with Falconers Flight

Nice to sit down and enjoy a beer after a struggle of a brewday :icon_cheers:

I've earned this bugger today.

Fly-Rye IPA

21976ft.jpg

IPA with 15% Rye hopped with Falconers Flight

Nice to sit down and enjoy a beer after a struggle of a brewday :icon_cheers:

Looks tasty Gar! Wish I could taste it.

Here is my IIPA with a bad photo but it does taste ridiculously good. It's a Pliney the elder clone. 9% and 5 different hop combos. It's expensive but I recommend it because it's one of the best iv'e made!
IMG_0567.jpg

Atomium Belgian Blonde,
View attachment 53930
there are heaps of these highly hopped versions around and this is great (tangerines, melon?), way time to rewrite this section of BJCP, people.
Edit: Spellink, I blame the Scratch
God damn man I want to taste some more of your Belgians. That one at Batz's was the shit!

God damn man I want to taste some more of your Belgians. That one at Batz's was the shit!
Its bloody nice but was really cloudy at Batz's.
This is what it should look like,
uxb1.JPG
I guess I'll have to start filtering then rehopping in the keg.

Edit: its the UBX not the blonde in the photo above (can't have people getting confused betwixt Belgian Blondes and Pales now can we :rolleyes: )

Oud Bruin with Tamarind. (aka Sampaloc Oud Bruin)
This one is how it should be presented, keg aged/cold conditioned and poured at about 8 C.
sam2.JPG
Weird but nice, would be really special with lechon :icon_drool2:

How does the tamarind come through, winkle? Do you get the tartness? How did you add it, mate?

Oud Bruin with Tamarind. (aka Sampaloc Oud Bruin)
This one is how it should be presented, keg aged/cold conditioned and poured at about 8 C.
View attachment 54148
Weird but nice, would be really special with lechon :icon_drool2:

Loved it mate :icon_cheers:

Crowd pleasing, albeit a little thin for my tastes, garden variety cascade hopped golden ale. Needed a little more crystal and higher gravity. Finished about 4.5%.

DSC_3734.jpg

29042012164.jpg
The last stubby of last year's Anzac Stout.
Had a few pouring issues with this one. 5yo daughter held the bottle while I ran for the pint glass, then poured the rest in, laughing her head off as the foam approached the top of the glass.

Once it settled and transferred to one glass it was delicious. Going to measure out a grainbill this week for a rebrew.

One of the few remaining of my ESB from Xmas swap 2011. Ive had these tucked away in the back of the fridge.
6 months on since bottling and i am really happy with how this has aged, i think the 3.6% Aromatic malt plus styrians late, coupled with some 1469 esters gave it a slight belgiany character that was a bit out of place, now its all smoothed out and integrated and i am really enjoying it.

IMG_9470.JPG

German Pilsner.

100% Weyermann Premium Pils, Organic Hallertau tradition, water, Budvar yeast, and a little love :)

Awesome beer!

GermanPilsner1205041152x1728.jpg

And while getting a bottle of milk from the Kegorator, i remembered the keg of Black Rye IPA i put on gas a week ago. changed over the lines and this is what came out.

BlackRyeIPA1152x1728.jpg

HOLY SHIT!

This is a big beer! 7% and about 90 IBU, Used about 350g of Columbus and Amarillo all told in 17L. Some in a 20 min boil, some in flame out, some in the cube and some in the primary ferment.

Its come out quite well actually, with the primary character being resiny hops, the beer has a slighty slick viscous character from 20% rye and a smooth dark toasty malt presence to hold it all up.

very happy with it however the hops could be improved on.

cheers

German Pils

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 54.00 Wort Size (L): 54.00
Total Grain (kg): 10.15
Anticipated OG: 1.048 Plato: 11.82
Anticipated EBC: 5.1
Anticipated IBU: 38.0
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80 %
Wort Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
98.5 10.00 kg. Weyermann Premium Pilsner Germany 1.038 3
1.5 0.15 kg. Weyermann Acidulated Germany 1.035 5

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
120.00 g. Hallertauer Tradition Pellet 6.80 38.0 40 min.
40.00 g. Hallertauer Tradition Pellet 6.80 0.0 0 min.

Yeast
-----

WYeast 2000 Budvar Lager

Mash Schedule
-------------

Step Rest Start Stop Heat Infuse Infuse Infuse
Step Name Time Time Temp Temp Type Temp Amount Ratio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
protein rest 2 10 52 52 Infuse 59 21.31 2.10
mash 2 60 64 64 Infuse 99 8.92 2.98
hi mash 2 15 72 72 Infuse 99 9.85 3.95

Aswang Belgian Chocolate Stout
ass.JPG
Good but I'm ditching the PC yeast for W 1762

Tony,ive got the wyeast bavarian wheat yeast in the fridge do you think that will do the job for this beer?
I used the same yeast for a hoegaarden.....(shaking head) i knew as soon as i tasted it it wasnt the right one.

Your beers look impressive.

Parko

I prefer the bavarian wheat (aka schneider..) clovey, spicy and a lot less banana.
27407aa7.jpg

Latest posts

Back