Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks awesome - resinous you say? :icon_drool2:
Oh yes.
Takes a while to adjust to the bitterness, but once you do, you're in flavour country.
Might have to bring a bottle along to the next NSW case swap, along side it's sequel/brother What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted IIPA...which could probably peel paint off a submarine.

Almost polished off a long neck of this, and boy can I feel it! :huh:
Jake The Muss Imperial Pilsner

Sounds like my sheep shagger. 360g of hop flowers

Gotta love the stone fruit flavours you get from the NZ hops hey. Looks great!

cheers

Sounds like my sheep shagger. 360g of hop flowers

Gotta love the stone fruit flavours you get from the NZ hops hey. Looks great!

cheers
Cheers!
Quite similiar Tony, though I do recall your Sheep Shagger having a good amount of finesse and quite precise flavours and aromas, my beer seems to have way too much going on and is quite brutal with the bitterness and flavour.
Might just be the difference between a NZIPA and NZIIPA/ImpPils, not much but there's certainly a difference in intensity.

Awww shucks mate.... thats the nicest thing someone has said about one of my experimentations in a while.

Nothing wrong with a slap in the face beer :) I like them!

cheers

Try Again Hefeweizen by Wara48.
Really enjoying this beer.

My first All Grain Wheat and one I'll revisit. Mmm... banana, a little bit a gum, all balanced well with Tettnanger. A bit of spiciness at the end which makes you want another one.
103_0661.JPG

Attachments

• 103_0661.JPG
    103_0661.JPG
    758 KB · Views: 10
Another Dark Rider Dunkelweizen with all Saaz hops to 22.4 IBU.
I must say that installing a non-return valve to each of my beer lines in leiu of a more expensive manifold has worked well on the first test.
Ramped the carbonation up to 3.1 volumes to try things out & this has resulted in a much better carbonated Weizen. Will go the whole hog next time.

T
View attachment 35376

Very freaking yummy indeed. Need to type with diligence after a few of these today, comes V E R Y close to a Sunny Coast commercial brew.

Well done Pete!

Screwy

No Chink hops in this one Batz & I'm not too worried about the missus & her bench top because it's on the freezer. :lol:
You would really love this beer. I'll bottle a couple up from the keg just for you.

T

Looking forward to it Pete :icon_chickcheers:

Another Dark Rider Dunkelweizen with all Saaz hops to 22.4 IBU.
I must say that installing a non-return valve to each of my beer lines in leiu of a more expensive manifold has worked well on the first test.
Ramped the carbonation up to 3.1 volumes to try things out & this has resulted in a much better carbonated Weizen. Will go the whole hog next time.

T
View attachment 35376

Pete, if that is anything like SCB's one than I need some.
You know where I live :icon_cheers:

PS you and I can hold Batz down and feed him some - its for his own good :rolleyes:

Pete, if that is anything like SCB's one than I need some.
You know where I live :icon_cheers:

PS you and I can hold Batz down and feed him some - its for his own good :rolleyes:

Both you & I know that would never work Perry. :D

Can't really compare my Dunkel with SC Brewery as I've never had one of theirs but nice of Screwy to give mine a mention . :icon_cheers:

Below is my Orr Cruster --- An over-hopped Aussie Ale with 100g Chink Cluster 85g of which was added at 10 & 0 for a total IBU of 34.7. Nice quaffer but will try something else with the Chink hops next time.
0109_Orr_Cruster.JPG

T

The garage seems to have recovered well? :ph34r:

These hops are ok-ish if treated as unique hops (maybe not Marco polo).
I'll be doing a CAP with the Saaz soonish - save you a bottle if it works.

The garage seems to have recovered well? :ph34r:

These hops are ok-ish if treated as unique hops (maybe not Marco polo).
I'll be doing a CAP with the Saaz soonish - save you a bottle if it works.

The garage door is never mentioned in the same sentence as anything beer-related these days. :lol:
Keg is fading fast but will try to remember to save you a bottle of Dunkelweizen.

T

Try Again Hefeweizen by Wara48.
Really enjoying this beer.

My first All Grain Wheat and one I'll revisit. Mmm... banana, a little bit a gum, all balanced well with Tettnanger. A bit of spiciness at the end which makes you want another one.

Looks bloody nice mate, what do you reckon gave it the spicyness?

Looks bloody nice mate, what do you reckon gave it the spicyness?

Cheers, mate. I'm guessing it's the Tettnanger. 1st time I've used it as a single hop, 2 weeks in the keg now and it's developing a slight cinnamon flavour. :icon_drool2:

Batz's Altbier - recipe post

DSCN3614.JPG

May need some more lagering time.... no such luck, this will be gone come the end of the Superbowl tomorrow I suspect! :icon_cheers:

Kiwi pale, a fake lager cold fermented with Nottingham. Base malt plus polenta, sugaz, Green Bullet for bittering and Motueka for aroma. Noice.

KiwiPaleLarge.jpg

umm....... :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

now I need to get more Motueka. Love Green Bullet, love the colour and clarity. Next keg I think.

Tettnang Summer Bitter

Hi Warren,
how's Tettnang Summer Bitter tasting? What's your recipe?
I've been thinking of doing something similar as i've got lots of Tetts.

Cheers,
Al

Hi Warren,
how's Tettnang Summer Bitter tasting? What's your recipe?
I've been thinking of doing something similar as i've got lots of Tetts.

Cheers,
Al

Yeah tasting very nice Al and perfect for the hot weather... Here's the recipe. Quite a simple one really.

Tett Offensive

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 25.00 Wort Size (L): 25.00
Total Grain (kg): 5.00
Anticipated OG: 1.049 Plato: 12.26
Anticipated EBC: 8.9
Anticipated IBU: 34.8
Brewhouse Efficiency: 78 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
100.0 5.00 kg. Bairds Pearl Great Britain 1.038 5

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
20.00 g. Northdown Pellet 9.50 25.0 60 min.
30.00 g. Tettnanger Pellet 3.20 6.4 30 min.
30.00 g. Tettnanger Pellet 3.20 3.4 15 min.
15.00 g. Tettnanger Pellet 3.20 0.0 Dry Hop

Yeast
-----

WYeast 1099 Whitbread Ale

Are these the 2 beers i tried a couple of weeks back Wazza, if so boy were they nice

Rook

The brown ale yes... The Tett Ale no. I've got a bottle with your name on it though. :p

Warren -

my first beer out of the brewery upgrade, all galaxy summer ale

4.500 MO
0.500 Wheat
0.150 Flaked Barley
Windsor Yeast @ 20*C

100_2756.jpg

cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back